Shooting at Penn Square Mall OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At www.kocotv.com they link to a Twitter feed and there were similar comments made by some people. Like:
“What was he doing with a gun anyway”?

“ I thought guns were not allowed in PS”

And my favorite:
“Gov Stitt...you allow everyone to carry guns now, is this what you wanted”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's scary to think about so many people that are like that, so simple minded, and they're walking around loose, voting, raising kids...

I just saw Channel 9 say the no-gun signs make it illegal to carry in the mall, and that's all they have to keep people from having guns in the mall. Sometimes I just wanna punch 'em.
I told a clerk at a Kwik-Shop once that I was glad they took the gun-buster sign down and her response was "Well, I'm not. Now anyone with a gun can come in here and shoot me."

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My opinion, and that’s all it is, MY opinion. Y’all do what you want.

In an incident like this, it’s best to be aware of everything going on around you as much as you can. If you are carrying, be prepared to take care of you and yours. Make your way to the nearest exit, preferably without gun drawn if possible. If someone sees you with your pistol out, YOU could be perceived as the shooter and the target of the first officer or other well meaning carrier that sees you.

If PD arrives and sees ANYONE with a gun, they can expect to be challenged till they find out why you have a gun, who you are and that YOU aren’t the shooter they’re looking for.

I know a lot of us feel a need or responsibility to help others and may want to find the shooter and end the situation, but unless it happens right in front of you and you can tell who is the aggressor and who is the victim and you can take the shot without endangering innocent persons, AND prove it beyond a reasonable doubt in court, leave it to the PD. We as ordinary citizens have no legal obligation to act to stop any crime and in today’s society can face a civil liability suit.

Consider afterwards, that if you were to act and the wrong person got shot or a bystander. I’m sure there would be a long line of attorneys waiting to file civil suit for their clients. In this case you would already have one strike against you because as mentioned earlier, there are “no guns” signs posted and in their eyes, you’ve already broken the law.

When the PD gets there, they’re going to be in high gear emotionally and things could go bad quickly. Don’t give them any reason to think YOU are the shooter they’re after. If you’re challenged, comply with everything they say and do not make sudden moves. If you have a permit, at the first chance, let them know. Be a good witness if you saw anything.
If I could give more likes for this post, I would.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I told a clerk at a Kwik-Shop once that I was glad they took the gun-buster sign down and her response was "Well, I'm not. Now anyone with a gun can come in here and shoot me."

Then nothing has changed. The people who would have entered to shoot her in the first place would have entered regardless of a sign.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Ha . . . there was this older couple at the counter filling out a 4473 and she was confused about the question regarding her being Hispanic or Non-Hispanic. The employee was very patiently trying to explain to her what the question was asking and how she should check the appropriate box depending on her answer.

I didn't stick around to see how it played out, but I just thought . . . if you're confused about that question how are you going to handle those at the bottom of the form . . . :anyone:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife was walking out of Penny's into the main part of the mall when she heard the shots. My grandmother was in Dillards, but didn't hear them. Luckily they were both out of the mall before it was locked down. I never go to the mall "naked", to be honest, I'm very rarely not carrying.

Glad they are ok and didn’t get wrapped up in this incident.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha . . . there was this older couple at the counter filling out a 4473 and she was confused about the question regarding her being Hispanic or Non-Hispanic. The employee was very patiently trying to explain to her what the question was asking and how she should check the appropriate box depending on her answer.

I didn't stick around to see how it played out, but I just thought . . . if you're confused about that question how are you going to handle those at the bottom of the form . . . :anyone:

If that is confusing, how confusing is operating the firearm going to be? I shudder to think...

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not all current carriers have the advanced training that we like to assume everyone has. I suspect that there are far more folks carrying that are not trained, at any level. Don't get your panties in a wad, we all know everyone on here would be of great assistance.
So your saying one must have advanced training to react in a positive way to this type of situation? LMAO

Last edited:

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
Police arrest Penn Square Mall shooting suspect
6ba28523-6278-429c-bbbe-541e944bd006-large16x9_pennsquareshooter.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom