Shooting in my neighborhood last night - Will be on all the news channels tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aggression or fear? Given the comments it sounded isolated, kid rolls up in it's face, it's not used to it because the owners haven't introduced the child properly, well let's shoot it? Because it reacted out of fear and all of the parties involved don't know any better?

The dog didn't react out of fear. It was introduced properly but decided to be aggressive. Thanks for jumping to conclusions and calling my grandpa, essentially, an idiot.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dogs understand respect, regardless of breeding, and a toddler has none. So if a toddler interacts with a dog and he reacts out of fear, unfavorably, once.... it's my fault. If a dog continuously goes after a child or people I've introduced to them correctly...then it's the dog. By all means, open up the shooting gallery.

Obviously, we need to cross toddlers with dogs.
Doddlers?

:ooh2:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The dog didn't react out of fear. It was introduced properly but decided to be aggressive. Thanks for jumping to conclusions and calling my grandpa, essentially, an idiot.

Bullshyt......the dog reacted out of fear and you or him just don't know any better and don't know why it's probably at least partially, their fault. If you don't know what a true dog aggression is..... it doesn't randomly happen in the manner as you mentioned...... see the OP's post with multiple instances.

Finally, there are SEVERAL rescues that probably would've taken this "monster" off his hands.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bullshyt......the dog reacted out of fear and you or him just don't know any better and don't know why it's probably at least partially, their fault. If you don't know what a true dog aggression is..... it doesn't randomly happen in the manner as you mentioned...... see the OP's post with multiple instances.

Finally, there are SEVERAL rescues that probably would've taken this "monster" off his hands.

This dog had his chances. He had shown aggression towards my children on previous occasions as well. We had worked with him. My grandparents have taken in lots of dogs over the years of all types. The last one they had for over 13 years was named Dumper because it was dumped on their property. There was no reason for this big dog to be afraid of this small child in this circumstance. He had been in this environment for plenty of time and had been given his chances. Even with this post, I haven't told half the story with this dog, but you know better without even being there or knowing the story. I'm not sure why I'm even posting this because I know I'll never justify these actions to a POS like you, though.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This dog had his chances. He had shown aggression towards my children on previous occasions as well. We had worked with him. My grandparents have taken in lots of dogs over the years of all types. The last one they had for over 13 years was named Dumper because it was dumped on their property. There was no reason for this big dog to be afraid of this small child in this circumstance. He had been in this environment for plenty of time and had been given his chances. Even with this post, I haven't told half the story with this dog, but you know better without even being there or knowing the story. I'm not sure why I'm even posting this because I know I'll never justify these actions to a POS like you, though.

It's obvious you're lying now or backtracking. You initially said it was the dog's first offense, and given my comments afterwards it should be obvious I have no problem in dealing with truly aggressive dogs. Now there were other instances?? You bragged about a no tolerance policy but now you're saying there wasn't and that there's more to the story? You're full of it.

Call me whatever name you like, it only confirms a lack of intelligence and insecurity. Either way, you can't hold me accountable for YOUR words.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not that I'm not giving them credit, I just understand that it's normal to react to certain situations in a certain way. The breeding only goes so far. To expect a normally well behaved dog to be perfect or be shot is laughable. Again, especially since the human has an amount of responsibility.

The breeding goes a very long way, a lot further than you're aware. Dogs with genetic human aggression or with a predisposition that it's okay to be physical with a human at all exist because of people like you. I'm not saying that if you beat on a dog for half it's life and it rips your face off that you didn't deserve it, but like you say, dogs are smart enough to where they shouldn't be physical with a human based on a one time or random incident. If it does then regardless of whether it's the person's fault who bred it or the dogs fault, it shouldn't be allowed to breed or be in any kind of sensitive situations, bottom line.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not lying or backtracking. For clarification: It was the first time it actually hit anyone. It had acted aggressive towards my kids and even myself on several occasions. I took no issue with it being somewhat aggressive towards me, as a "stranger" the first few times we visited. I'm sorry if I wasn't exactly clear on what all transpired with this dog. I don't have time to write a novel. My grandparents live way out in the boonies. Having a somewhat aggressive dog is even desirable. An uncontrollable and unpredictable dog that actually attacked a child, there is no tolerance for. That's all I was saying with my initial post.

Latest posts

Top Bottom