Should We Wear the Mask?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where do you get that information from ?

My son-in-law is a first provider as a firefighter/paramedic, trauma center nurse, and FEMA Texas Task Force 1 member. And he says you don't know what you are talking about.

My wife is a CRNA (doctorate in anesthesia) and is in the OR 5-6 days a week. She's been in the medical field for 30 years.

ER nurse, ICU nurse, many different areas of care, all high risk, sick patients.

She may be a little less prone to panic than your average woman, and oddly many of her co-workers are the same. Don't get me wrong, some of her co-workers are freaked out like some of the members here, but most of them are young, or drama queens.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my most humble of opinions the mortality rate doesn't justify 95% of what we're doing as a result of COVID.

This is also the prime example as to why you need trustworthy leadership. I question their motives and don't believe good, honorable people are implementing these rules for our own good. To the contrary, they're self-serving assholes that are all the sudden stricken with being admirable humanitarians.

LOL yeah right.

This bears repeating.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife is a CRNA (doctorate in anesthesia) and is in the OR 5-6 days a week. She's been in the medical field for 30 years.

ER nurse, ICU nurse, many different areas of care, all high risk, sick patients.

She may be a little less prone to panic than your average woman, and oddly many of her co-workers are the same. Don't get me wrong, some of her co-workers are freaked out like some of the members here, but most of them are young, or drama queens.
So she probably never sees a Covid patient then. They don't do much surgery on Covid infected patients.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So she probably never sees a Covid patient then. They don't do much surgery on Covid infected patients.

I'd quit while you are ahead.

So like TK, my wife works on the front lines of this deal. She's in a Neurotrauma ICU, in which her unit has the most negative pressure rooms, so they get all the COVID overflows. Ol' Teddy ain't my friend to say the least, but he's absolutely correct. My wife has to be in full dress with a capper just to care for someone that is just under investigation and yes... they do surgery on COVID patients. A LOT of traumas have come in her unit testing COVID positive.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

They do a crap ton of Covid surgery. They test before surgery, except in a few emergent cases, they'll be in the middle of intubation and say "we don't know if they're Covid positive yet".....and they all simply carry on with their jobs.

And that's why the "old" ER folks can be identified by their lack of concern and lack of PPE.

Oh yeah - the Pink Lady now has camera monitors watching for staff not masking up.....funny the medical staff is so complacent that management has to force compliance.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couple of real questions here as it seems many people have had and recovered from Covid-19.

Is there and how accurate are tests determining if you have already had the Coved-19 virus and recovered whether you knew it or no? t ask this because it seems many people have had no or few symptoms with Covid-19 to know for sure.

For those that have had and recovered, seems they are now immune to future illness and also they are not capable of spreading it to others with or without a mask, why mask?.

Seems an accurate test would give many people the knowledge that if they have not had it they should think about continuing to mask and if they have had it, they could go on about normal daily life and carry on.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd quit while you are ahead.

So like TK, my wife works on the front lines of this deal. She's in a Neurotrauma ICU, in which her unit has the most negative pressure rooms, so they get all the COVID overflows. Ol' Teddy ain't my friend to say the least, but he's absolutely correct. My wife has to be in full dress with a capper just to care for someone that is just under investigation and yes... they do surgery on COVID patients. A LOT of traumas have come in her unit testing COVID positive.
Quit while I'm ahead of what ?

So, your wife would not wear the PPE if she was not forced to by they hospital huh ?

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes wear the mask, best prevention along with social distancing & hand washing. OKC icu’s are filling up with Covid + patients.
okcBob these guys all think that it's a scam being run by the government and that there is absolutely no need to wear masks and no danger to anyone who is around people not wearing a mask. And they really think you are just a wimp for wanting people to wear them. And they know better than anyone because they are just smart and understand everything about it no matter what the CDC or anyone else says.

Funny how it convinced pretty much everyone in the audience at Barret's swearing in last night at the white house. Everyone I saw in the audience except Melania and a couple of people with her had on a mask. I guess maybe the last time kind of convinced these people who were all unmasked the last time, that maybe it's better to wear one.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Couple of real questions here as it seems many people have had and recovered from Covid-19.

Is there and how accurate are tests determining if you have already had the Coved-19 virus and recovered whether you knew it or no? t ask this because it seems many people have had no or few symptoms with Covid-19 to know for sure.

For those that have had and recovered, seems they are now immune to future illness and also they are not capable of spreading it to others with or without a mask, why mask?.

Seems an accurate test would give many people the knowledge that if they have not had it they should think about continuing to mask and if they have had it, they could go on about normal daily life and carry on.

The tests aren't accurate - well, they're too accurate. Medical professionals that work with testing state that anything over 30 cycles is unreliable. The COVID tests are set to 45 cycles... That's essentially the sensitivity of the test. That means they're so sensitive that they'll detect COVID in you if you've had or have it but that doesn't mean you're gonna be sick or even contagious. I've read reports that upwards of 90% of people who test positive are not contagious. This would also indicate that most people had it, dealt with it and have gone on with their lives... Which makes sense because the mortality rate is extremely low.

Latest posts

Top Bottom