Should We Wear the Mask?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I refuse to wear a mask in public. That being said, I am forced to wear one at work to keep my job. I am currently quarantined for testing positive for COVID-19 and I still refuse to wear a mask because they do nothing to slow/stop the spread of COVID-19.

Any idea where you got exposed to the virus?

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I’m surprised at the “you can’t make me wear a mask” sentiment still exists. At this point it is the most effective tool we have to slow the spread. Not perfect, but a darn sight better than nothing. I think of all that folks did, that they didn’t want to, during WW II. I don’t think our society today could match that level of cooperation.

Or, we could just stop testing to slow the spread like Obama did. Most of the test results are bunk anyway. But that's too difficult for people to understand.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see a reason to. I can't, & won't.

Of the 220,000 deaths reported as due to COVID where the ACTUAL causes was:

88,208 - pneumonia & influenza
17, 799 - chronic respiratory disease
26, 365 - respiratory distress synd.
44, 261 - hypertensive disease
23, 275 -heart disease
28, 000 -cardiac arrest

You are incorrect. Some of these are direct causes of death caused by covid. See Pneumonia and respiratory disease for starters. Naturally there are people with co-morbidities which adds gas to the fire so to speak. However, this has been covered ad nauseum and we don't look any smarter by parroting misinformation. Granted there's a significant number of people that already had renal failure, chronic respiratory disease, cancer etc etc. However, that demographic doesn't constitute a majority. People are dying from Covid, it's not the flu, it's not a cold..... but it's not Ebola either.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Would you provide a link to a reputable report of the data you have that shows that most of these folks were mask wearers.

CDC study is here.

Article about it is here.

And this all supports the idea that masks don't keep you safe, they're intended to stop the spread from the people that are sick (if you're sick, stay home). Regardless, proper use of a mask 24/7 is hardly sustainable. You're going to touch it, other things, your eyes, other things, your nose, take it off etc...

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CDC study is here.

Article about it is here.

And this all supports the idea that masks don't keep you safe, they're intended to stop the spread from the people that are sick (if you're sick, stay home). Regardless, proper use of a mask 24/7 is hardly sustainable. You're going to touch it, other things, your eyes, other things, your nose, take it off etc...
Masks have never been suggested to protect you from someone else, they are to protect others from you. So, if you are wearing a mask but there are those who refuse to wear one, then you should not be surprised that you can be a mask wearer and still be infected by others who don't wear them.

So as long as there are those that are not wiling to be slightly inconvenienced by wearing a mask, there will be people who wear them that still catch it. So I'm having trouble understanding what logic you are trying to share in post #35.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Masks have never been suggested to protect you from someone else, they are to protect others from you. .

That's not true. The CDC, among others, recommend using them for spreading to others and protection from others.

Latest posts

Top Bottom