Shower Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was in CLEET, it was at DPS instead of Ada. After the Troopers graduated, we spent about 5 weeks on the 3rd floor (any OHP Troopers here can vouch for me) where the shower head is at about 4 feet six! :ooh2: Hell, I had to get on my knees to wash my hair, which is also a challenge because the damned shower stall was about as big as a Cracker-Jack box! :pissed:

I have one of those hand held thingys that you can take off it's base on the wall for washing those hard to reach areas. :naughty:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when I remodeled our place I raised the shower head and still hate it. We put on one of those handheld things.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I raised both of ours to about 7'. Ours were chin height for me, and my wife had to bend to get the top of her head. But then, I had to redo the sheetrock in both bathrooms anyways, so doing the shower heads was only an extra 15-20 min each.

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we built our home I had the heads installed at 7'. Just be sure that your tub surround or tile extends up that high or risk damaging the paint and drywall with overspray. The best part about it is your short friends can't adjust the shower head.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Code is 7', someone didn't know how to measure.

Or more likely, the things were built long before anyone knew or cared about shower head height. Like what RH alluded to.

If they are old houses, everything used to be short. I dunno if people were really that much shorter back in the day or what. Doors, ceilings, everything was lower. There are lots of old houses in Tulsa with 7' ceilings.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's no code, I was just bull.... That's usually where I set them at when we build homes but there's no code that specifies the height. Sometimes the home owner will come in when we are doing them and will specify a height but if that doesn't happen, we set them at 7'.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I didn't think there was, I just found it strange that every shower I've been in here was like that. I'll prolly get an adjustable head in the meantime, but when I do the remodel, I'm definitely moving it because it's just stupid low...

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I didn't think there was, I just found it strange that every shower I've been in here was like that. I'll prolly get an adjustable head in the meantime, but when I do the remodel, I'm definitely moving it because it's just stupid low...

Leave it there to spritz off your boys and just install a second shower head a bit higher.

Latest posts

Top Bottom