Sig P229 vs. P228

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petersonb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
olyeller did that, as well as installing night sights.

Olyeller seems to be a pretty popular guy for this kind of thing. Did he redo the finish, or put on a new slide, trigger, decock lever, etc...? I dont understand his service. I've been meaning to email him though, all of the guns I've seen look freaking sweeet........

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Olyeller seems to be a pretty popular guy for this kind of thing. Did he redo the finish, or put on a new slide, trigger, decock lever, etc...? I dont understand his service. I've been meaning to email him though, all of the guns I've seen look freaking sweeet........

Its a re-finish (he was using a Ceramic based coating) and its well worth it:

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Marschal_20Grips_IMG_5812.jpg

petersonb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a re-finish (he was using a Ceramic based coating) and its well worth it:

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Marschal_20Grips_IMG_5812.jpg

Wow. I want mine to look like that!

How long/how much does that process cost? I'll get an actual estimate from him, but ballpark, how much/long? Like weeks or months? Hundreds of dollars? haha I have no clue

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are good deals out there on Sigs. You just have to look. Top Gun Supply just sold a ton of 228s, but they still have some in good condition for $450.

I got my first one, a CPO with night sights for $410. My second one was LNIB for $480 and that was less than two years ago.

I wouldn't worry about 9mm not being powerful enough. With quality, modern ammo, there really isn't that much of a difference between a 9mm and 40 S&W. Shot placement is far more important, and I'd rather have 15 rds of 9mm than 12 rds of 40 S&W.

Baron Driver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I broke into Sigs with a P239 in 9mm. I liked everything about the gun except the thin grips and mag capacity. Eventually, I traded it for a P228 and found happiness. It fits my hand like a glove. It balances perfectly, and is a great shooter. I've played with P229's, and I think they're a little too front heavy.

A few years ago, I walked into a gun store in Little Rock with my cousin and we saw a used P228 marked $400. I told him that if he didn't buy it, I would. You can never have too many German handguns. His is old enough that it was made in West Germany.

Latest posts

Top Bottom