Simone Biles withdrawals from more events

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What did they "exaggerate"? Her quitting? Or was it her getting the, "Twisties"? Or was it the part about her, "mental conditioning" not being right?.... Or perhaps her aunt didn't die after all? Who knows, she could still be alive watching NBC, and there was nothing in the casket. I'll bet that's it!

Bless your heart..... They made the story a MUCH bigger deal than it was?? Seems to have worked.

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Bless your heart..... They made the story a MUCH bigger deal than it was?? Seems to have worked.
Biles sunk herself with her own mouth. You can't "exaggerate" what is never said in the first place. If she had kept her big mouth shut, instead of first quitting, then coming up with one lame excuse after another, the press would have had nothing to report, except her poor performance...... Which no one would have criticized her for. The fact is she quit, whined, then made excuses for all of it. And that is exactly what the press reported.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Biles sunk herself with her own mouth. You can't "exaggerate" what is never said in the first place. If she had kept her big mouth shut, instead of first quitting, then coming up with one lame excuse after another, the press would have had nothing to report, except her poor performance...... Which no one would have criticized her for. The fact is she quit, whined, then made excuses for all of it. And that is exactly what the press reported.

So you're NOW saying the press doesn't exaggerate or sensationalize?

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
So you're NOW saying the press doesn't exaggerate or sensationalize?
I didn't say that. Don't put words in my mouth. The press didn't lie about what Biles said or did. They reported that she said she quit.... She did. Then they reported she reentered the competition.... She did. Then they reported she said her, "mental health" was not right.... Again that is what she said, not them..... Then she said she had a bad case of, "The Twisties".... Again it is what SHE SAID, not the press. They just reported it.

The soundbites of this are everywhere. They are her words coming out of her mouth, not theirs.... Then she said her aunt died. Again that is exactly what they reported. So what did they lie, "exaggerate", or "sensationalize" about? They didn't. And AGAIN, None of this would have ever happened if she simply had kept her mouth shut.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this concludes my point. The intensity is quite a bit different than the 80s..... or even what your dad told you about the 60s.
I will admit the are more brazen. There is no attempt at even looking objective anymore. The MSM is just the propaganda wing if the dems now

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't say that. Don't put words in my mouth. The press didn't lie about what Biles said or did. They reported that she said she quit.... She did. Then they reported she reentered the competition.... She did. Then they reported she said her, "mental health" was not right.... Again that is what she said, not them..... Then she said she had a bad case of, "The Twisties".... Again it is what SHE SAID, not the press. They just reported it.

The soundbites of this are everywhere. They are her words coming out of her mouth, not theirs.... Then she said her aunt died. Again that is exactly what they reported. So what did they lie, "exaggerate", or "sensationalize" about? They didn't. And AGAIN, None of this would have ever happened if she simply had kept her mouth shut.

Of course you didn't say it, but you're so wound up in your obsession you don't understand how you've contradicted yourself. If you don't understand that the MSM has a bias towards sensationalism and exaggeration then we are probably on two different levels of understanding and perception. What you're missing out on is that the whole drama was overblown. Now to people like you, it was obviously everything..... but to others? Not so much. The media, per usual made a mountain out of molehill. The team was fine, people got medals etc. Whereas you.....and they.... were VERY quiet when another athlete threw a hissy fit after losing at match, who had previously publicly judged Biles.

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Of course you didn't say it, but you're so wound up in your obsession you don't understand how you've contradicted yourself. If you don't understand that the MSM has a bias towards sensationalism and exaggeration then we are probably on two different levels of understanding and perception. What you're missing out on is that the whole drama was overblown. Now to people like you, it was obviously everything..... but to others? Not so much. The media, per usual made a mountain out of molehill. The team was fine, people got medals etc. Whereas you.....and they.... were VERY quiet when another athlete threw a hissy fit after losing at match, who had previously publicly judged Biles.
I'm not "obsessed" about Biles. She's obsessed with herself. She's a quitter. A whiner, and made excuses for over a week straight about her lackluster performances. You don't like that, and want to blame the press for reporting her shortcomings. Too bad. It doesn't work that way. Every time this thing started to die down, she went right back and started it up again. With more of her excuse making and B.S. She WANTED the attention. Now she has gotten it. Just not the type she was expecting. Too bad.

AGAIN, if you want to talk about "obsession", she's the one who was obsessed. All of this could have been easily avoided if she simply STFU. She didn't, and the press had a field day with it, and her. Did YOU honestly think they would ignore the biggest star of the whole show quitting the Olympics? And now your griping because they didn't?

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And how many posts have you put here?

I gotta admit ... I find myself wondering what hilarity is posted in here ... And I come to look ... I'm starting to wonder if VS is paying him to stir the pot and increase hits on the site. You can't trust NOBODY these days. But ... This particular thread is starting to get stale -- circular **** tends to do that. But then obsessed people doing what obsessed people do ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom