Simone Biles withdrawals from more events

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She was disoriented because of the pressure. AKA choking. Then quit. Kinda like Roberto Duran “No Mas”.
I don’t blame her for choking, I blame her for using the excuse of mental health & I blame the media for calling her brave & heroic. Nobody is being fooled by this. She will prob lose endorsements over this mess.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What she said was she forgot where she was in the air or something like that and decided it was quits.
One gymnast got that way and landed right on her head.

I have landed on my head and it was not good.

Maybe she is pregnant.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are making assumptions they know the truth. What do they have to gain from lying about it?
We are talking about the media. The either lie or misstate basically everything.

Anyway, what do they get out of this? They built her up and they continue with that narrative no matter what.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are talking about the media. The either lie or misstate basically everything. And if they don't know the truth they should just say that, instead of all the ******** about mental health and how brave it is for her to be a quitter.

Anyway, what do they get out of this? They built her up and they continue with that narrative no matter what.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having been involved with athletes at what I consider an elite level I will say without any hesitation that the psychological aspect of competition at that level cannot be overstated. Whether it was her small bobble that created her self doubt or self doubt that caused the bobble is irrelevent. Pressure in world class competition has to be experienced to be fully understood. Anything can cause a break at that level, in one instance I personally know of it was the music that was playing, thankfully it was temporary but it had an effect nevertheless. Think of the last time you were at the range and how effortlessy you shot bullseyes. Now imagine millions of eye's on you and your next shot determining all your future plans and not only your future but the future of pretty much everyone associated with you. If you win, everyone wins, if you lose everyone associated with you loses. At this kind of world championship level competition it isn't just a medal, it's money, there are millions to be made in endorsements alone. This is far from being just a game.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken I was under the impression that she would not be judged fairly. The olympic comitee or whoever essentially said that she could not be scored on full points because she was too good, or something to that extent. Essentially she's so much better than everyone else that they wanna hold her back to give everyone else a fair chance. Then shortly after she decides to not compete. Sounds like she didnt want to be hobbled by "fairness", as thats not the point of the olympics. the olympics is to a judge of who is the best in the world, period. I wouldnt want to partake in that crap if I was told that im being judged unfailly so that others can feel better about themselves either.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quit believing the MSM. I guarantee what you are hearing isn't the truth.

She has a responsibility. The time to quit would have been before final team selection was done and to give another a chance to take her spot. She ruined the Olympics for many of her teammates.

Imagine Tom Brady throws a pick six in the 1st quarter after taking a big shot and a sack in the Super Bowl and then walks off the field and quits. Do you think the media would be praising him?
And what if Tom Brady got sacked hard, then realizing that because of way he had hit the ground, it was only by the grace of God that he hadn't become paralyzed from a broken neck or back. Would you condemn him if he decided at that point that his family and his life were more important to him than his rabid fan base? Or would you, though understandably disappointed, accept his decision as a brave thing to do - putting his family and health first?
I think that most of the Nation is disappointed that she bowed-out of competition, but also appreciative for what he had already already accomplished, including being that of a role model for younger women.

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken I was under the impression that she would not be judged fairly. The olympic comitee or whoever essentially said that she could not be scored on full points because she was too good, or something to that extent. Essentially she's so much better than everyone else that they wanna hold her back to give everyone else a fair chance. Then shortly after she decides to not compete. Sounds like she didnt want to be hobbled by "fairness", as thats not the point of the olympics. the olympics is to a judge of who is the best in the world, period. I wouldnt want to partake in that crap if I was told that im being judged unfailly so that others can feel better about themselves either.

This! Lets say a gymnast does a trick with one twist, that is worth 1 point. 2 twist, 2 points, but 3 twist is only worth 2.25 points. That is how they were wanting to score her. Personally I would have quit for health reasons too, they make me sick.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll say part of my frustration about this is the same annoyance I have with the Lebron James crowd.
"He's the greatest!"
Then he plays an average Joe game one day and his team loses...the whole time he's missing shots and playing zero D...they're talking about how great he is. Then game is over, Lakers get served a big ole L and who do they rush to interview? Not anybody from the winning team...but him. Why?

Simone isn't in these events they're doing right now and all the talk is still her...not the athlete's who are still competing and risking it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom