Smoked pheasant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangerRick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

JOB Orange 1 1/4 Slow Burning Rolling Papers, and a just sit in a recliner, not a wood smoker,​

Sorry couldn't help it. Sorry not recommendations on cooking. but maybe would be like a Cornish hen​

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boss said build what you want from scrap while we’re slow

Attachments

• D326359F-4C08-4C84-AE90-039D7EEDBFDF.jpeg
    D326359F-4C08-4C84-AE90-039D7EEDBFDF.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 30

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i
Lol everything I find on the net or YouTube is for pellet grills or electric smokers I built an old traditional one a while back
Not really any different than pellet or electric if you know how to use the smoker. Is this your first smoke or do you know how to use the smoker you have? Consistent temp (holding steady over several hours) is key. I use a wood/charcoal smoker, make sure you get the fire going and up to temp before adding the meat, you want the smoke to be nice and clean (light blue translucent)

If you mean just not sure how to smoke the pheasant I would pay attention to the temp, time, and seasoning those videos are saying. I haven't smoked pheasant myself, but have eaten it smoked and have smoked a lot of poultry. Pheasant will cook faster since it is smaller, pretty much all poultry you want to brine ahead of time to retain moisture, and glazes are usually really good with game animals and poultry in general.

Latest posts

Top Bottom