Snipe season is over Feb 15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Going to have to rethink my whole knowledge base LOL !!!!!! going to have a long hard conversation with certain family members.
While looking at the snipe pics I found myself looking for antlers ............. like on the jackalope.
Have not thought about Snipe hunting in years , great thread.

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis,
You do know snipe season in Ok ends the middle of Jan, not Feb. The hunting show must have been based in TX where it ends in Feb. I hunt them in both states. Sometimes on different sides of the same lake depending on the season dates. Last week I hunted 6 out of 8 days, 40 birds total.

www.fototime.com_4BD5D8B2490FD28_medium800.jpg

www.fototime.com_E5DED2CA69505C9_medium800.jpg

www.fototime.com_40A8C4E946210F8_medium800.jpg

www.fototime.com_06ECF75C8C4EC0F_medium800.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis,
You do know snipe season in Ok ends the middle of Jan, not Feb. The hunting show must have been based in TX where it ends in Feb. I hunt them in both states. Sometimes on different sides of the same lake depending on the season dates. Last week I hunted 6 out of 8 days, 40 birds total.

You're correct. Jan 15. Good to see you back on the forum. Always love the heck out of your photo's. Great quality.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, it sure is the real deal. We don't have them in the Northern part of the state where I live.
I've fallen for the "other" snipe hunting too.

I learned about "snipe hunting" in cub scouts and actually never fell for it but until this thread I didn't know that it was indeed a real thing. When I was about 3 or 4 my dad told me that if I could put salt on a bird's tail I could catch it. There is somewhere a photo of me of me with a salt shaker, a big bag (for the birds) and a worn out look on my face. By the time I knew what had been done to me I thought it was funny. :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I learned about "snipe hunting" in cub scouts and actually never fell for it but until this thread I didn't know that it was indeed a real thing. When I was about 3 or 4 my dad told me that if I could put salt on a bird's tail I could catch it. There is somewhere a photo of me of me with a salt shaker, a big bag (for the birds) and a worn out look on my face. By the time I knew what had been done to me I thought it was funny. :)
I chased some robins around the yard one time with a salt shaker. I'm sure my parents, and the uncle that actually promoted the "incident" had a great laugh.
I have proudly passed this tradition along to my sons, and now grandkids along with eating the early persimmons that are really sweet.

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're correct. Jan 15. Good to see you back on the forum. Always love the heck out of your photo's. Great quality.

Thanks Dennis. I did not realize how long it's been till I participated here until I logged in and saw a private message from 2012 that I had not replied to. 5 years ago I had my dog Dash above as a pup out at my hunting lease during Turkey season. Got a puncture wound to my leg from a cable hook. Then 5 hours later it was the beginning of a long fight for my life and my leg with necrotising fasciitis and severe sepsis.
The whole ordeal had let the wind out of sails for a while I guess. Older forum members that remember my Vizsla Blaze. She is still around, blind from a tick disease and can't hear well, but happy and well in retirement. Dash, aka SHR Vermilion Dash Rip Rock JHA NAVHDA Prize 1 is a nephew to Blaze.

Latest posts

Top Bottom