Snowflakes exist, even in Oklahoma.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I should, but I can't let go of this. There are parents out there that are about to crap their pants over the thought of sending their kids back to school in the fall. All of us gun owners should be acting in the most calm, sane, and rational manner, not pulling stunts like this for a momentary grin. If that boy's parents were on the fence about guns before, they aren't now. And they're telling their friends too, even in "the reddest state in the union." Some people are gonna say, "we shouldn't have to hide our guns." I agree but that's not what this was. This was an incredibly stupid f-ing thing to do, just to get a laugh. The proof is in the result. If you're wondering why we keep getting more calls for gun control, ask yourself whether this helped our arguments.
Really? Now you sound like a snowflake.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I should, but I can't let go of this. There are parents out there that are about to crap their pants over the thought of sending their kids back to school in the fall. All of us gun owners should be acting in the most calm, sane, and rational manner, not pulling stunts like this for a momentary grin. If that boy's parents were on the fence about guns before, they aren't now. And they're telling their friends too, even in "the reddest state in the union." Some people are gonna say, "we shouldn't have to hide our guns." I agree but that's not what this was. This was an incredibly stupid f-ing thing to do, just to get a laugh. The proof is in the result. If you're wondering why we keep getting more calls for gun control, ask yourself whether this helped our arguments.
Nope... The ONLY unstable people in this story are the kids parents.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several months ago I was hanging out with my best friend,,,
We get together once a week for a few hours of beer and BS.

He has a Daughter who just turned 16 years old,,,
The age when her parents agreed she could start dating.

Well, my Bud has a sense of humor,,,
When her date showed up to their door,,,
He was invited in to meet my friend/her father.

So there he was in the den,,,
Purposefully displaying/cleaning several of his guns.

The Daughter groaned, the Mom sighed, the Boy recognized the joke,,,
Unfortunately the Boy's parents did not.

The next day he got a call at work from his wife,,,
Two uniformed officers were at their home wanting to speak with him.

The Boy's parents were so freaked out that they called the cops,,,
And tried to get them to arrest my Bud on "menacing with a firearm" charge.

The cops had no choice but to investigate the situation,,,
Apparently the Boys parents greatly exaggerated the whole thing to them.

So, he takes off from work to clear this up,,,
According to him one cop was reasonable and sympathetic,,,
But the other cop was more on the Boy's parents side rather than theirs.

Fortunately for them the Mom had taken several pictures of the Young couple and the Dad,,,
The guns in the pictures were visible on the table but none were in his hand,,,
The Boy was grinning/smiling with my Bud and in no distress at all.

The cops eventually wrote it up as a non-threatening event and left.

Later on he found out that the Boy's parents would not allow him to talk to the cops,,,
They made the complaint themselves and claimed the Boy was "too traumatized" to make a statement.

In a sane society my Bud would be able to sue them for making a false charge.

Aarond

Although the boy’s parents might not qualify for criminal charges, a civil suite based on deformation of character with additional adornments advised by an attorney should hold water.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The "Right's" use of the term Snowflake, is similar to the "Left's" term, Gun-Nut. Both sides are confident their thoughts are correct. In the parent's eyes, this action was just as wrong, as the local drag queen parading around the mall is to us. Both are protected activities, but both are being done (normally) for the same purpose of exercising "my rights".

But, it's also our right to be perpetually pissed off.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When my daughters first time dates would show up, I always made sure I was cleaning a pump action shotgun. Nothing like the sound of a 870 racking to let prospective boyfriends know that they better not mess a round!
I used to just pull them real close, and whisper into their ear... "Listen... that's my little girl. And if you got any thoughts about getting too friendly, or any kissing, or touching... just remember this. I got NO problem with going back to prison." :rollingla

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, judge will order the guns out based on an 'abundance of caution'. And fear of being wrong and facing the media firestorm.

Friend can then start trying to prove he's not a threat to society and maybe, eventually, get his guns back. Assuming he has the money to pursue it.
Yep, because in our society these days (thanks to liberals) when it comes to anything firearm related, a person is automatically considered guilty, until they [the accused] can prove their own innocence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom