Snowflakes....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some people you wouldn't expect to be snowflakes....

I had a confrontation with a guy over parking in a handicapped space, I approached from the front and knocked on the window and asked if he had a placard.
"You know, I get tired of this, you should really check the tag to see if it's back there before you bother me."
So I say, "so it's on the tag?"
He just gives me a blank look for a second and repeats himself, louder this time... "YOU SHOULD REALLY CHECK THE TAG BEFORE YOU BOTHER ME."
So I say, "you're right sir, I'll be sure to do that from now on."
He keeps giving me a ****** blank stare.
I say, "Have a good day, sir." and go on my way. Sure enough, there's a DAV handicapped tag on the back of the car.

A few minutes later, he's following me through the parking lot, rolls down the window and wants to talk to my supervisor like this is f---ing Wendy's or something. I have only 2 people above me and they run the whole she-bang, so I offer to give him my boss' e-mail address and number but NO, this disabled vet apparently still has a point to drive home so I call my boss, interrupt his meeting and ask him to step outside. This guy gets out and talks to him like he's a completely rational individual. Then he gets back into his car, gives me one more ****** look and drives off. After all that, you know what my boss tells me? That I was polite, admitted to the gentleman that he was right, smiled, kept my voice level, called him sir.... I just never said, "I'm sorry." Seriously? Snowflakes man... come in all shapes, sizes. And I hope he's on this forum. I hope he sees this post.....

I'M SORRY, SIR! YOU SURE TAUGHT ME A VALUABLE LESSON. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. I HOPE THE VA CAN REMOVE WHATEVER STICK GOT JAMMED UP YOUR ASS IN WHATEVER WAR YOU FOUGHT.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People wear me plumb smooth every time I leave the house. I try not to go out much.

I'm sorry most people these days think its okay to act like that. Makes the world a miserable place to be, sometimes, for those of us who just want to get through the day with the least amount of drama possible. Things like this, and I hear them all the time from my working friends, make me glad I don't have to work anymore.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, the statement. "thank you for your service" has kinda become so generic it really doesn't mean anything anymore, like "have a nice day. or one of a hundred others. I don't know what would sound better to me. I do sincerely appreciate all veterans and their service, but that statement is just overused.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, the statement. "thank you for your service" has kinda become so generic it really doesn't mean anything anymore, like "have a nice day. or one of a hundred others. I don't know what would sound better to me. I do sincerely appreciate all veterans and their service, but that statement is just overused.
Just like "Hero"

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly, I kinda hate hearing it. What id really like to hear is all those douches that threw tomato's and spit on vets coming home from Vietnam, say "I'm Sorry"
Somehow, after so many years it wouldn't mean much to me. We never volunteered, never asked to be sent to Vietnam and never received a thing from the politicians. So when they say, "Welcome home" it has a hollow ring. On the other hand, when a Vietnam veteran says "Welcome home" to me it somehow brings a tear to my eyes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom