Snowflakes....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was told by the tag agency when I got my plates that the blue hanging plackard still has to be displayed even though the logo is on the Oklahoma handicap plates. Did something change, or was the person at the agency mistaken?

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rant On.

This thread has me thinking all sideways,,,
How dare anyone call a vet with a disability a snowflake.

He may have been a giant butt,,,
But certainly not a snowflake.

I was parked in the "senior" citizen spot a few months back,,,
Some self appointed guardian of all things proper accosted me about it.

I basically told him to go away and leave me alone,,,
He whips out his cell phone and called the cops to report me.

I waited until the cops got there and told him I certainly was a genuine senior citizen,,,
If he wanted to see my Medicare card I would be happy to show it to him.

But it wasn't really necessary as the man I was driving to the grocery store arrived with his groceries right about then,,,
This man is a 78 year old U. S. Army Special Forces Veteran and is for darned certain a senior citizen.

People need to mind their own business.

Rant Off.

Aarond

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rant On.

I waited until the cops got there and told him I certainly was a genuine senior citizen,,,

But it wasn't really necessary as the man I was driving to the grocery store arrived with his groceries right about then,,,
This man is a 78 year old U. S. Army Special Forces Veteran and is for darned certain a senior citizen.

Rant Off.

Aarond

I see your point, BUT people minding their own business is why douches get away with being douches.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rant On.

Rant Off.

Aarond

And yes, Vets can be snowflakes too.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And yes, Vets can be snowflakes too.
Sure can. But, we as vets see them every day and not all vets are built from the same dirt. Service for 20+ years is a great thing. Service for 3 years but got your ass handed to ya by an IED is a tragedy, but that service is respected by many. The dirt a man/woman chews makes all the difference in their attitudes and opinions in my humble opine. If you know me or see me out and about you would have no idea of my experiences in Military Service, unless we drank a few beers and it came up. Like all professions there will be showboats and milkers, those that pursue excellence and those that scrape by. Snowflakes are everywhere, the Military included.
Good on ya!! The world needs more folks like you who are willing to care for and help out our older folks.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Some people you wouldn't expect to be snowflakes....

I had a confrontation with a guy over parking in a handicapped space, I approached from the front and knocked on the window and asked if he had a placard.
"You know, I get tired of this, you should really check the tag to see if it's back there before you bother me."
So I say, "so it's on the tag?"
He just gives me a blank look for a second and repeats himself, louder this time... "YOU SHOULD REALLY CHECK THE TAG BEFORE YOU BOTHER ME."
So I say, "you're right sir, I'll be sure to do that from now on."
He keeps giving me a ****** blank stare.
I say, "Have a good day, sir." and go on my way. Sure enough, there's a DAV handicapped tag on the back of the car.

A few minutes later, he's following me through the parking lot, rolls down the window and wants to talk to my supervisor like this is f---ing Wendy's or something. I have only 2 people above me and they run the whole she-bang, so I offer to give him my boss' e-mail address and number but NO, this disabled vet apparently still has a point to drive home so I call my boss, interrupt his meeting and ask him to step outside. This guy gets out and talks to him like he's a completely rational individual. Then he gets back into his car, gives me one more ****** look and drives off. After all that, you know what my boss tells me? That I was polite, admitted to the gentleman that he was right, smiled, kept my voice level, called him sir.... I just never said, "I'm sorry." Seriously? Snowflakes man... come in all shapes, sizes. And I hope he's on this forum. I hope he sees this post.....

I'M SORRY, SIR! YOU SURE TAUGHT ME A VALUABLE LESSON. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. I HOPE THE VA CAN REMOVE WHATEVER STICK GOT JAMMED UP YOUR ASS IN WHATEVER WAR YOU FOUGHT.

That sucks dude. I get pissed when I see people abuse the handicap parking. They take Grandmas car and feel entitled to the spot because they are in a tagged vehicle. Saw it just the other day. You would think that, in that situation, a truly handicap person would respect someone doing their due diligence to insure that the spot is being taken by someone who needs it, even if that person is them. What goes around comes around. Maybe one day he will park far out and his handicap spot will have been taken by someone who doesn't belong there.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's dangerous to judge whether someone "deserves" to park in handicapped parking because of appearances. Not all problems are visible to the ******* in the parking lot making judgement calls on who is "deserving" of using a placard and who is not.

Sometimes it really is better to just mind your own business and be grateful you are healthy enough you don't have one of those ****ing placards. That is all I'm saying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom