So how do you eat your grits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! You've got my attention with that casserole. Will your wife share the recipe? Huh? Will she? How 'bout it?Woody
I'm sure she will but since she's sound asleep I'll wait 'till tomorrow to ask. BTW we (well really she) roasted 100 lbs of Hatch green chiles that go great with anything.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure she will but since she's sound asleep I'll wait 'till tomorrow to ask. BTW we (well really she) roasted 100 lbs of Hatch green chiles that go great with anything.

I hate to be a bother, but has your wife awakened from her slumber? Tell her that her recipe will be greatly appreciated and long remembered!:hyper:

Woody

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, thanks for reminding me.3 Anaheim or New Mexico green chiles -- she says the canned chiles will work, we use Hatch4 cups chicken stock1 cup quick-cooking grits2 tablespoons butter2 cups grated cheddar cheese2 large eggs, beaten1/2 cup cream (wife's addition)1. Broil chiles, turning once or twice, until skins are charred all over. Let sit until cool enough to handle, then peel skins and discard stems and seeds. Dice chiles. (She does 50-100 lbs of these on the outside grill when the Hatch chiles are available)2. Preheat oven to 350°. In a 3- or 4-quart pan over high heat, bring chicken stock to a boil. Add grits, reduce heat to medium, and stir until stock is absorbed, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in butter, cheese, chiles and cream.3. In a small bowl, whisk 1/2 cup of the cooked grits into the beaten eggs. When blended, stir this mixture back into the saucepan with the rest of the grits. Pour mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole. Bake until just set, 25 to 30 minutes.Sorry for the jumble. OSA won't let me fix it. The above is not the way I typed it in. (This has happened to me several times lately. What's up with this?)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom