Some old friends coming in from NJ to OKC - BBQ Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When Vans opens a location in Edmond we will talk, until then Earl's is good.

I do agree on Earl's cheddar burger. Hold the rabbit food, add bacon, grilled onions and jalapenos, top off with their mild BBQ sauce.

What about Steve's Rib on the west side of Edmond?

XPerties

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate everyones suggestions. After having worked all day Ill be driving in Tuesday night from Tulsa. Their flight arrives Tuesday afternoon so we will only have the evening for dinner and SEVERAL beers. We are staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites on SW 15th Street so I wanted to stay within 15 min or so of a drive.

My main concerns are good food, sitting down at table (no fast food stuff) and ability to enjoy a few beers. Leo's reviews and a few of your suggestions seem to be the winner but dammmm does that place look like a dump from google streets.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes it does look like a dump... but if you go there at lunch, be prepared to park next to a lot full of Jags, BMWs, Mercs and other high-end vehicles. It's no joke... the place is wall-to-wall with physicians every day from the medical complex down the road.

Inside, it's folding tables and school-cafeteria type chairs, but there's a reason all those guys who can eat at Ruth's Chris every day hit up Leo's for lunch. Proximity is one... but serious BBQ is the other.

And DO NOT forget to leave room for the strawberry banana cake. DO NOT!

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I appreciate everyones suggestions. After having worked all day Ill be driving in Tuesday night from Tulsa. Their flight arrives Tuesday afternoon so we will only have the evening for dinner and SEVERAL beers. We are staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites on SW 15th Street so I wanted to stay within 15 min or so of a drive.

My main concerns are good food, sitting down at table (no fast food stuff) and ability to enjoy a few beers. Leo's reviews and a few of your suggestions seem to be the winner but dammmm does that place look like a dump from google streets.

tRidiot has it right on the mark about the lunch crowd and the food in general. Trust me that it gets different when the sun goes down...'nuff said.

Given your preferred locale with the hotel, the previous suggestions on Earl's Rib Palace on Reno just east of Meridian will meet your needs.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I could ask my father in law to smoke some ribs. Definitely the best BBQ I've eaten. Would certainly be beer available too. Just might be kinda odd coming to a random guys house though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom