Sonics new hot dogs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im a hot dog fanatic from way back. When out and about I like to pull into a Sonic for a drink and sometimes a snack and had always wished Sonic had had something besides their footlong cheese coneys (yummy but too fattening) or corndogs and never could figure out why they didnt have regular hot dogs on their menu. I dont always want a big meal during the day when out running around,just a small snacky type of meal will do.

Now Sonic has hot dogs. Saw the commercial on TV last night for them and then got a page of Sonic coupans in the mail today so I went down the street to Sonic and got a couple of them. Theyre pretty damn good. All beef they say. ( Spare me about the info about what a hot dog weiner is made out of cause I dont care,Ive probably eaten way worse. All my dad ever said they were made of when I was a kid was 'lips and azzholes'. The wife buys Nathans Best but I like Ball Park Beef weiners). Not gonna say theyre as good as a dog Ive had in Chicago or on the street in NYC or even Tulsas many ConeyIslanders, but theyre not bad for a fast food hot dog.

According to their online menu,they have 3 different styles- All American dog (a 100% pure beef hot dog that's grilled to perfection and topped with ketchup, yellow mustard, relish and chopped onions and served in a soft, warm bakery bun),Chicago dog (a 100% pure beef hot dog topped with pickle, relish, tomato, sport peppers, celery salt and mustard all served up in a soft, warm poppy seed bun),and the New York dog ( a 100% pure beef hot dog grilled to perfection and topped with spicy brown mustard, grilled onions and crunchy sauerkraut in a soft, warm bakery bun). I tried the All American dogs.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the New York dog yesterday and wasn't too impressed. I could tell that the actual hot dog itself tasted awesome(the possibility of all beef I guess) but the hastily prepared onions and kraut kind of pushed it over.

I wish now I had just went All American instead of Bloomberg'ed it.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I had the NY dog Mon. I had them sub the spicy mustard for reg mustard and hold the onions. Combined with the large O-rings and 44oz coke it was a pretty awesome lunch.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy had tried the NY and Chicago dog and he's impressed with the idea and the toppings, but the frank itself ruins it because "it's one of Sonic's new recipe dogs".

For a local Chicago dog, he prefers the dogs at Bricktown Ballpark, as seen in my lap here (minus the tomatoes, sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't):

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom