Sonics new hot dogs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corwin1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped in at a Sonic last week and was surprised to see hot dogs on the menu. I could have sworn there were 4 varieties but it might have only been 3.

Being a big fan of the Chicago dog I tried one of those. The dog itself was uninspiring and left a lot to be desired in comparison to the Vienna Station dogs I'm used to. The toppings and bun were pretty decent except that they used their regular relish instead of that neon green relish.

It wasn't bad and I would order another one but I wouldn't go out of my way to get one.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped in at a Sonic last week and was surprised to see hot dogs on the menu. I could have sworn there were 4 varieties but it might have only been 3.

Being a big fan of the Chicago dog I tried one of those. The dog itself was uninspiring and left a lot to be desired in comparison to the Vienna Station dogs I'm used to. The toppings and bun were pretty decent except that they used their regular relish instead of that neon green relish.

It wasn't bad and I would order another one but I wouldn't go out of my way to get one.

There are 3 new ones, the fourth is a regular chili cheese coney.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard the commercial and am kinda looking to try them. I am not a big Sonic fan, but I love Chicago dogs. I used to hit up the Freddie's in Moore and pick them up there.

I may hit them up for lunch tomorrow.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw them on the menu when I pulled up to Sonic the other day and was very tempted to try one of the Chicago Dogs....maybe tomorrow.

Teufel Hunden

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy had tried the NY and Chicago dog and he's impressed with the idea and the toppings, but the frank itself ruins it because "it's one of Sonic's new recipe dogs".

For a local Chicago dog, he prefers the dogs at Bricktown Ballpark, as seen in my lap here (minus the tomatoes, sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't):

[Broken External Image]

Right on!

Latest posts

Top Bottom