Sonics new hot dogs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahh, I just went on the Costco website and Zombie you are right. There aren't any in the entire state of OK! I wonder why that is.

Which sucks because their hotdogs are seriously the best I've ever had.

Bighead

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had the Sonic Chicago Dog (without sport peppers, the way I've always eaten a classic) and can say I was very surprised. Pretty good for a fast food dog.

If you want to the closest thing to a "real" Chicago Dog in OKC Metro area, go to IGGYS on the southeast corner of 2nd/Bryant in Edmond. They use Vienna Beef from Chicago as a distributor, so not only can you get a read Vienna Beef red-hot hot dog, but they always make authentic Chicago Italian Beef sandwiches. It's not Herm's Palace in Skokie, Illinois, but its close.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a trip to LA to go to pinks is one of the things on my bucket list. i watched a hot dog show yesterday and now i have a hankering. i would like to go to the varsity in atlanta too.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a trip to LA to go to pinks is one of the things on my bucket list. i watched a hot dog show yesterday and now i have a hankering. i would like to go to the varsity in atlanta too.

I went to the location in Las Vegas last summer and while I was impressed with their options, I was a little disappointed in the food. The hot dogs were the snappiest hot dogs I've ever had, and not in a good way, it was if they were half plastic or styrofoam or something.

Mine was the bacon chili cheese triple dog wrap on the top right and the missus had the chili cheese dog on the top left:
[Broken External Image]

HVYCHVY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its at 51st and Mingo just north of Brothers Hooligan. They took off my favorite there called the bird dog (I think). But they will still make it, it is a chicken sausage, hot wing sauce, Axle Sauce (kinda like ranch) and cole slaw (again, I hate cole slaw but this is good), tastes like hot wings basically.

Heck yeah, I knows where I'm eating at Monday.:)

Has anyone else tried the $1 hotdogs and $1 44oz tea from BurgerStreet?

Definitely worth the stop.

I know the BurglerStreet on Harvard has pretty good tea, so you can't go too wrong for only two bucks.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dinner tonight inspired me to revive this thread. The two hot dog combo deal with an all american dog and a New York dog was amazing. I'm sure I'll regret my dinner choice somewhere around mile two of my run tonight. My wife needs to get back in town ASAP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom