SSD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife who is now deceased, filed for SS disability due to Leukemia and was denied. I filled all the paperwork out and she signed it so I appealed that decision and said that she was afraid of dying. They scheduled her for psychiatric exam and she told the psychiatrist that she was terrified of dying and SS disability was granted in Nov of 1993 and in March 1994 she passed. You almost have to be terminal befor ethey will grant disability at least in my particular case.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went with a company called Premier who employes attorneys across the US. Very good rate of successful cases and 4 stars with the BBB. This is 2 months in the works and I was told it's normally 90-120 days but each case is different of course.
Their pay is 20% or a max of $7500 of back pay which seems reasonable for the work they are saving me.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hansen Dirani and associates out of Tulsa and I believe he has an office in OKC does SSI law, they treated me and my daughter very well on Car accident claims which they do as well. He is a member and former owner of this site ( JBBOOKS) he has a great staff and treats you well!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This is wrapped up and it took like 6-7 months. Cant remember exactly when I began the process but I think it was late last Aug.
You first filed in late August and now six months later you're getting paid? That's definitely the fastest I've heard of someone getting through the system.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is wrapped up and it took like 6-7 months. Cant remember exactly when I began the process but I think it was late last Aug.
This is about as long as my wife’s took. The older you are the more likely you will receive. It also helps to really be eligible. Wife has had 5 back surgeries, and started receiving around 15 years ago, she is now mid 70’s. Congratulations 👍

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom