SSD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread is helpful. I’m hoping I don’t have to go on SSDI. I have stenosis from osteoarthritis that is affecting my neck, spine, shoulder, elbow, hands and hips/knees , collapsing discs leading to left leg numbness and the inability to stand or walk for long. I’m only 45 and hope for a medical “cure” but yes, orthopedic surgeons are dicks and will only send a PA to meet with me. I’m on numerous meds, get shots in the neck/spine, have done PT and still have issues.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread is helpful. I’m hoping I don’t have to go on SSDI. I have stenosis from osteoarthritis that is affecting my neck, spine, shoulder, elbow, hands and hips/knees , collapsing discs leading to left leg numbness and the inability to stand or walk for long. I’m only 45 and hope for a medical “cure” but yes, orthopedic surgeons are dicks and will only send a PA to meet with me. I’m on numerous meds, get shots in the neck/spine, have done PT and still have issues.
Damn, sounds rough for being 45 but actually I was 47 when my body started trying to evict me, so I get it.
Good luck to you and if you haven't already, visit the McBride clinic. I swear by this place and the doctors.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You first filed in late August and now six months later you're getting paid? That's definitely the fastest I've heard of someone getting through the system.
I dont remember exactly, I started this thread in January of last year and it was some months after before I felt like I understood enough to pull the trigger. But easily less than 1 year.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is about as long as my wife’s took. The older you are the more likely you will receive. It also helps to really be eligible, hours quick. Wife has had 5 back surgeries, and started receiving around 15 years ago, she is now mid 70’s. Congratulations 👍
I'm not that old, 55, but I have nerve damage to my legs, feet, arms and hands. Can't read my own handwriting and I used to be a draftsman doing lettering by hand.
I think the turning point was when SSD sent me to their Dr. I answered questions and then she asked me to get out of the chair and sit on the side of an exam table. She saw me struggle to get to my feet and on the table she used the little rubber hammer on my knees to check reflexes. My lower leg never flinched once on either leg.
Can't fake that and she knew it.
She looked at me and said, yep, nerve damage.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do recommend Premier Disability.
They don't get paid unless your approved, and they appeal it for you if denied.
If approved, you get a monthly amount and back pay of same amount for each month since you last worked. They get 20% of the back pay, to a maximum of $7000

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Regarding retroactive pay, they paid my wife back to the date she filed for Social Security Disability. Unfortunately, she only received disability for 3 months... Sure wish things had been different but that's life...

Jeff Rasberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife who is now deceased, filed for SS disability due to Leukemia and was denied. I filled all the paperwork out and she signed it so I appealed that decision and said that she was afraid of dying. They scheduled her for psychiatric exam and she told the psychiatrist that she was terrified of dying and SS disability was granted in Nov of 1993 and in March 1994 she passed. You almost have to be terminal befor ethey will grant disability at least in my particular case.
I'm on SSD I had a bad fall and was laid up for about a year before I ever applied. On advice of my attorney I hired a attorney that specializes in disability and it still took 2&1/2 years to get approved. Good thing for me that the ole lady had a good paying job, place was paid for and vehicles paid for as well

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hansen Dirani and associates out of Tulsa and I believe he has an office in OKC does SSI law, they treated me and my daughter very well on Car accident claims which they do as well. He is a member and former owner of this site ( JBBOOKS) he has a great staff and treats you well!
Dirani represented my wife’s claim claim 11 years ago. It was super smooth. His people traveled to Muskogee and initiated the claim in our living room. Awarded first time around. Months and not years. Highly recommended.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I got hurt at work, I used Dan Davis office. Lawyer was Kim Mullins. She got more than I was offered.

I am using Unum now. Been ongoing for 2 years, been denied twice. Have a Judge hearing in May. They have gotten stricter, everyone gets denied first time. Got to save that money for Pedo Joe and illegals.

File with SS immediately. When you get determined as being disabled, it is retro to FILE DATE.

Latest posts

Top Bottom