SSD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've thought about it also, I've got a 72% permanent disability through workers comp trust fund. No way I could stand full time working. My workers comp lawyer said I could file on my own. Guess he wasn't going to make any money helping me. That was in 2016.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've thought about it also, I've got a 72% permanent disability through workers comp trust fund. No way I could stand full time working. My workers comp lawyer said I could file on my own. Guess he wasn't going to make any money helping me. That was in 2016.
I dont know where to start on my own so an attorney I feel, is the way ill go. Just have to pick a good one.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife filled out and filed all the paperwork on her own and was denied the first time and dont remember the time frame but refiled and got accepted, and she has been drawing it for nearly 15 years i beleive i know it has been a long time, she was so bad had to quit working.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was told they have changed the laws on this. Used to you couldnt show any income (W-4) for 2 full years. No more according to what I was told. And what difference does it make what I own? That make 0 sense to me.
not sure but what i was told can't have any assets.

Woodman 59

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some medical disabilities and am considering Social Security Disability. Does anyone have any quidance on how to go about that? I'v been on the website and read the list of 5 different conditions to qualify and I meet 2 of them and maybe a 3rd (not sure on that one). Do I just hire a lawyer or are there other options?
The best thing is to go to the SSA office at 122nd & Kelly they will walk you through the app. If you get turned down you still have the start date, then let a lawyer appeal the claim. Good luck, it still takes 6mo to a year with no appeal.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best thing is to go to the SSA office at 122nd & Kelly they will walk you through the app. If you get turned down you still have the start date, then let a lawyer appeal the claim. Good luck, it still takes 6mo to a year with no appeal.
Took my x wife a long time but finally got on it!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was told they have changed the laws on this. Used to you couldnt show any income (W-4) for 2 full years. No more according to what I was told. And what difference does it make what I own? That make 0 sense to me.
My dad owned his home and numerous other things and he didn’t have to get rid of it or anything else. He was unemployed at the time as he retired from Dayton Tire when they closed down in 2006. My mom and dad did have to end up filing for bankruptcy as my dad only got about $1500 a month for his pension and didn’t have that much in his 401k. He used it to pay some bills off and then struggled along until he got his SSD.

Latest posts

Top Bottom