Staten Island Resident Confronts Chuck Schumer; 'We Are Gonna Die!'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im sure its bad but Bloomberg is letting the Marathon happen. Maybe the people ought to riot, storm city hall, scream and *****.

I feel for them but they need to stand up for themselves.

I read where the hotels are kicking out stranded storm survivors to make room for the runners with reservations. Having that marathon is the height of stupidity!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm probably gonna catch hell for this but here goes ...

I feel bad for these folks. Should they have gotten out? Yes. Should they have done something to prepare to take care of themselves, whether they evacuated or stayed and rode it out? Yes.

Does that in any way diminish the suffering that is going on now? No.

Whether they "deserve it" or not, they are going through, what can arguably be called the worst crisis of their lifetimes and the leaders are more worried about whether a marathon gets held or not. (Yes, I know ... He finally cancelled it -- because the route was gonna block off first responders from getting to an area that was hit pretty hard.) I for one pray I NEVER find myself where these folks are ... And God forbid I do, I certainly hope that someone, ANYone would be willing to help me.

The whole thing has been rather sickening to watch. Thank GOD we only have tornados, droughts, ice storms, wild fires and floods ... (No, I'm not being a goof this time. I've never been more serious in my life.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom