Staten Island Resident Confronts Chuck Schumer; 'We Are Gonna Die!'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of Staten Island was not under mandatory evacuation order...only the low lying areas in "Zone A". Another little tidbit, Staten Island is reportedly a largely white, middle class, Republican voting area heavily populated with cops and firefighters. Funny how our stereotypes of "New Yorkers" can be wrong when painted with a broad brush.

They got hammered with an epic storm, the likes of which most Okies can't even comprehend....and a few folks are on TV airing it out...But I'm willing to bet that for every person on TV crying for a blanket, there are dozens more making do and helping each other out.

God, I hope so. Everytime I see one of those folks acting out on TV all I can think of is the trailer park trash the news reporters hunt high and low for around here after a "disaster" ... Journalists wear me thin ...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm hearing some encouraging stuff from other sources about how Staten Island and some other middle class areas are coming together....The media won't show that contrast, just like they didn't show Alabama and Mississippi rolling up their sleeves and getting to work after Katrina. It was sexier to show the folks in New Orleans whining about Bush not air dropping them a cheeseburger and a FEMA debit card from AF1.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm hearing some encouraging stuff from other sources about how Staten Island and some other middle class areas are coming together....The media won't show that contrast, just like they didn't show Alabama and Mississippi rolling up their sleeves and getting to work after Katrina. It was sexier to show the folks in New Orleans whining about Bush not air dropping them a cheeseburger and a FEMA debit card from AF1.

That's gonna get you an insensitivity jacket.:D

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was sexier to show the folks in New Orleans whining about Bush not air dropping them a cheeseburger and a FEMA debit card from AF1.

Remember the crazy snow storm we had out in the panhandle a few years ago, with 20 something foot drifts?

I've got a buddy that runs some cattle out there. After about 10 days of food and hay drops, which he claimed he didn't really need, he had food, and his cows moved with the storm (he found them about 30 miles south of Boise City, still in a bunch, all alive) he was telling me what he really needed was a air drop of Budweiser and Redman, that was the two things he had run out of the quickest.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember the crazy snow storm we had out in the panhandle a few years ago, with 20 something foot drifts?

I've got a buddy that runs some cattle out there. After about 10 days of food and hay drops, which he claimed he didn't really need, he had food, and his cows moved with the storm (he found them about 30 miles south of Boise City, still in a bunch, all alive) he was telling me what he really needed was a air drop of Budweiser and Redman, that was the two things he had run out of the quickest.

Next time tell him to hit up one of the Crew Chiefs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom