Stolen gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look kids, only a complete dumba$$ thinks I support what the country has turned into, but I am smart enough to recognize it. I miss my old 65 Chevy pickup with the gun rack and being able to leave it unlocked with 2 or 3 guns in it. I miss the days before "Don't let a good boy go bad." when the crook was to blame, but those days are long gone. All of your chest thumping, making excuses, and making fun of others will not change that.

There are places in this country where you WILL be arrested if you leave a firearm in a locked car. You will be in more trouble than the person that broke in and stole it. That mindset is slowly spreading across the country. There are also an huge crowd of legal beagles that will be more than happy to sue you if your stolen gun is used to kill someone and you did not have it secured to the best of your ability. Get your panties in a wad and blame me if you want, but it will not change facts. The country is changing for the worse and it is better to play it smart.

You're decrying the attitude that will lead to that arrest, but you're perpetuating it by blaming the gun owner. Yes, you can say it's a good idea to keep the guns always all locked up, perhaps, but you actually assigned 25% of the blame, Rick. You're giving in to the ********. I gotta call foul. Sorry.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're decrying the attitude that will lead to that arrest, but you're perpetuating it by blaming the gun owner. Yes, you can say it's a good idea to keep the guns always all locked up, perhaps, but you actually assigned 25% of the blame, Rick. You're giving in to the ********. I gotta call foul. Sorry.

I assigned 25% of the blame because in this day and age an adult gun owner should know better than to leave themselves open like that. Do not give the gun grabbers any more fuel. Do not leave your family open to a lawsuit. Many here are preppers but do not see the importance of being prepared by the oldest thing in the books, CYA. Do not leave yourself venerable.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I assigned 25% of the blame because in this day and age an adult gun owner should know better than to leave themselves open like that. Do not give the gun grabbers any more fuel. Do not leave your family open to a lawsuit. Many here are preppers but do not see the importance of being prepared by the oldest thing in the books, CYA. Do not leave yourself venerable.

The bolded part. Rick it doesn't matter what day and age it is when you are talking about a basic right. I all for rewarding dumbassery appropriately but not at the expense of basic God given rights. Pick another issue, not going there on this one.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bolded part. Rick it doesn't matter what day and age it is when you are talking about a basic right. I all for rewarding dumbassery appropriately but not at the expense of basic God given rights. Pick another issue, not going there on this one.

Basic rights have nothing to do with this. There ARE people that will steal from you and there are pretty regular post on here about someone's car getting broken into and their stuff stolen, all to often including guns. Since we KNOW it can happen and we know there are plenty of people and lawyers just dying to sue us, why leave our selves open?

Look I know on this board most think their rights trump everything but common sense is far more important. If you know doing something has a pretty decent chance of biting you in the butt with no real gain, don't do it! It is pretty simple.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if the thief breaks into my own and I engage him in a gunfight, during which I succumb to shot to the head. He then kills my girlfriend and my dogs and then takes all of the guns. How much of the responsibility lies with me? I mean, they do make ballistic helmets right?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a personal choice... you're saying it should be forced. You're saying it's the gun owner's fault.

"Excuse me, ma'am, but you were walking down the street wearing a mini-skirt in the worst part of town after dark. What exactly did you expect to happen? Sure, he shouldn't have raped you, but you have to admit, this is partly your fault...."

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The expectation of our fellow neighbors and citizens being upstanding and not ripping others off is no reason to punish the others when they aren't. Especially when it involves a basic right being revoked which is what you are purporting. It also makes no sense having to pass a bar in order to not be blamed for the crimes of others. I don't get it.

travisstorma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it still 25% fault if I have to leave my gun in the car when I go into the courthouse? Have there been any successful cases in Oklahoma where someone sued the gun owner when after it was stolen it was used in a crime?

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll save all the jerks the trouble. Was it locked up? Was it in a safe? Was there an alarm? Was there security cameras? Was there armed guards? The thief is the real victim. The thief's dad didn't give him enough attention. It would have been better if the thief had been aborted, but anti abortionists don't adopt 50 kids therefore are hypocrites. If there were a God, he wouldn't have let this happen. The thief never attended Altruism 101 class, therefore he didn't know it was wrong to steal. The thief wasn't fat. I think I covered everything.

You forgot-- was race a factor?

Latest posts

Top Bottom