Stolen gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since you had the safe bolted down, it's only 10% your fault. To be faultless you would need armed guards, attack dogs, an electric fence with razor wire, and a moat with piranhas.

But...but...but, we called the police after the theft was discovered. And. They didn't ever catch the thieves either! I should sue them for pain and suffering. (The police, I mean, not the thieves).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick, I get that you fancy yourself as the adult in the room, but you are so wrong about this. Lets say a physically disabled fellow has a difficult time moving his pistol to and from his home safe ( if he can afford a safe ) while making a weekly trip to the SSI or Post Office what do you recommend?

Look at some of the other replies and you will understand why I feel like the adult. :P

Seriously as a physically disabled fellow, who sometimes as trouble getting around, I would still never leave a firearm in a locked car. I would put in back in my holster and carry it into the house with me like any safe gun owner.

Sorry folks but while I hate what the world has come to, I still think it is better to play it smart. I can remember when you could leave a firearm in you car and all of my old pickups had gun racks and many times a shotgun or rifle spent days in the rack. That day has passed. Nowadays you can get sued or arrested for things we used to be part of everyday life. Try it this way, would you walk around doing open carry and your gun in a non-retention holster?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife had her pistol stolen out of her jeep last night, what else should I do besides the police report that was filed? Weapon was locked so it wasn't in plain sight. I have the serial number and included it in the report. FWIW, it's a 9mm shield.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hey Swab, most of us on here feel bad for the theft of the gun...maybe post not just the model but also the serial number here so if one of us sees it like at a show, off Armslist or something, maybe we can call the Po-Po and get the gun back and the bad guy caught?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, we're not safe behind locked doors in our own home any more. If we get murdered it's probably 30% our fault for being home.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look kids, only a complete dumba$$ thinks I support what the country has turned into, but I am smart enough to recognize it. I miss my old 65 Chevy pickup with the gun rack and being able to leave it unlocked with 2 or 3 guns in it. I miss the days before "Don't let a good boy go bad." when the crook was to blame, but those days are long gone. All of your chest thumping, making excuses, and making fun of others will not change that.

There are places in this country where you WILL be arrested if you leave a firearm in a locked car. You will be in more trouble than the person that broke in and stole it. That mindset is slowly spreading across the country. There are also an huge crowd of legal beagles that will be more than happy to sue you if your stolen gun is used to kill someone and you did not have it secured to the best of your ability. Get your panties in a wad and blame me if you want, but it will not change facts. The country is changing for the worse and it is better to play it smart.

Latest posts

Top Bottom