Streaming TV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I'm tired of giving AT&T $230 a month for Phone, internet, and Direct TV. Most of the cost is Direct TV and we have no movie channels. I set up a firestick this evening and downloaded Sling, Tubi, and Pluto (already have Netflix). Will be less than half the cost we are paying for Direct TV. Anyone have other suggestions for streaming services to download?

Thanks!!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Well I'm tired of giving AT&T $230 a month for Phone, internet, and Direct TV. Most of the cost is Direct TV and we have no movie channels. I set up a firestick this evening and downloaded Sling, Tubi, and Pluto (already have Netflix). Will be less than half the cost we are paying for Direct TV. Anyone have other suggestions for streaming services to download?

Thanks!!

Been doing this for a while!! Life without cable is splendid!! I have Roku with sling so I can get my sports,Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Only thing I had issues with was local channels, finally added an outdoor antenna and fixed the whole jacking with the indoor antenna to get whichever channel I am watching tuned in

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe youtube has a streaming service. A lot of people are doing what you are doing, in fact Cox Cable guy told me their primary service is internet, but they will happily sell you tv and phone if you still want it.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been doing this for a while!! Life without cable is splendid!! I have Roku with sling so I can get my sports,Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Only thing I had issues with was local channels, finally added an outdoor antenna and fixed the whole jacking with the indoor antenna to get whichever channel I am watching tuned in

Did you get a DVR to record shows on the local channels? If so is it just set by time?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Did you get a DVR to record shows on the local channels? If so is it just set by time?

The only thing I watch the local channels for is sports and news or on occasion Woodrights shop of a Sunday morning , if I miss the broadcast I just don't watch it. Sorry I know that is zero help on your question!!:cool:

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing I watch the local channels for is sports and news or on occasion Woodrights shop of a Sunday morning , if I miss the broadcast I just don't watch it. Sorry I know that is zero help on your question!!:cool:

All good thanks!! My wife allows that she will not miss that Black List show, so I'm just looking for a solution. Its on Netflix....apparently that's not quite good enough since it would be running behind.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All good thanks!! My wife allows that she will not miss that Black List show, so I'm just looking for a solution. Its on Netflix....apparently that's not quite good enough since it would be running behind.
It's on NBC broadcast if that helps. We get it with a 16" or so loop of copper tubing about a foot below the ceiling.
:drunk2:

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tivo sells a box that puts together over the air, streaming and cable (if it uses a cable card). There is a monthly fee though after you purchase the box.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use DirectTV now. I used to have Sling, but the buffering was horrible. DirectTV Now seems to be more reliable.

Also Hulu is 5.99 a month now. It's a pretty good value if you watch their series, as cheap as it is.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cut the cable 4 years ago and made my own from PVC pipe and get 33 channels in NW OKC. It's in my attic facing the antenna farm east of here. Haven't had one bit of digital pixaling as with the rabbit ears and I don't have to constantly move it around like in the 50's to get snowy TV.

upload_2019-2-28_19-28-11.png

If you take care and measure and get the dimensions correct and the wires straight it will work great for local channels.

Latest posts

Top Bottom