Streaming TV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All good thanks!! My wife allows that she will not miss that Black List show, so I'm just looking for a solution. Its on Netflix....apparently that's not quite good enough since it would be running behind.

If you have a spare pc, get a tv tuner card, throw in a 2 TB drive and use one of the many DVR software packages out there to record her shows. I used to do it and the picture quality was outstanding (did it more as a hobby though, working for Cox has its benefits).

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We cut cable two years ago. The DVR was what I missed the most. For network shows that we miss now I have a google chromecast and go to the network websites on my laptop and cast the episodes we missed to the TV. We still have to watch the commercials, but we can get the shows. Without cable you will run a week behind to view episodes that way.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finally went to just AT&T internet when I moved into an apartment a year ago. I use DirecTV Now and because I have both, AT&T waives the $30 fee for totally unlimited data for me. I have what they call very high bit rate DSL (VDSL) at 75 Mbps. I got an internet deal for upgrading from the baseline 50 Mbps rate, so my internet is $50/mo and my DirecTV Now (the Live a Little package with over 60 channels) is $40/mo. I use Walmart Family Mobile for phone service, since I get 1/3 off for being a Walmart associate.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3 Roku devices, sling, Netflix and amazon Prime plus an antenna in the attic gets a bunch of stuff. Still have Cox for Internet, but that cable tv stuff is for da boids. My fire stick is all whacked out; I can re-program it but after a hard day of doing very little if any “productive work”...it finds itself on the agenda for tomorrow. Again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't had cable TV in years. I use an Apple TV with Netflix and Hulu and an indoor antenna for the local channels. Haven't missed cable one bit! As mentioned above, there's a ton of content on YouTube, especially documentaries.

Latest posts

Top Bottom