Street Outlaws OKC on Discovery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93turbohatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's funny is that you've lived around here that long and claim to know about racing but you don't know these guys. As for the "moron" not making his house payment, relax, there is some tv drama written in there for the masses. He doesn't even have a house payment, that house, motorhome and acreage you saw on the show is paid for (trust me).

Farmtruck is legit. http://youtu.be/zcPHHEea3lE You're welcome to call him out for the #10 spot.

Yes there are generators and lights out there and yes there are cops blocking the roads off for the tv show. Discovery is a little smarter than you're giving them credit for. But the cars are real, the "list" is real, the racing is real. Spots on the list are changing hands on the races you see on tv.

As for Tyler: http://www.turnerfh.net/PastObituary.aspx?did=6202c1c5-1c45-4566-9117-68e72c7bda68 That's real too.

Yep that farmtruck I've seen around numerous and times and talked to the guy. Chuck is legit also going all way back to his Eg Civic hatch he used to race professionally. He has no house payment lol.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not trying to justify anything, I don't street race. Only trying to give some perspective about how "dangerous" this is to the public. They are only risking their own safety, not the publics, despite whatever the TV shows. The dangerous people are the ones racing in broad daylight on busy streets in everyday street cars. And the vigilante tailgaters in lifted 6000 lb trucks with oversized tires and way undersized brakes. And the teenagers texting on the road. And the guy eating a hamburger while driving. And the woman reading a book on the steering wheel driving down I-40.

I should have known better though, you're obviously in tune with the whole scene and have a firm grasp on driving safety. Is your real name Walter Sobchak, btw?

I agree all those things are unsafe. And I don't necessarily consider myself "in tune with the whole scene". I said I had seen more than one of the cars run. I do think I have a pretty good grasp on safe driving. And no I'm real, not from a movie. What they are doing is not risk free, to them or the general public. And unless they can control every driveway, street, etc. they do represent a threat to public safety. And it doesn't cost that much to rent Thunder Valley.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been lurking for awhile on the Midwest Street Cars forum and these guys are for real. Havent posted yet because theyre brutal to their newbs, the 'initiation' posts that they dish out in the introduction threads are hilarious.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my take on it. I've been on mwsc for 5-6 years, know and hang out with some of the guys on occasion. They do their best to make an unsafe hobby safe if they are gonna hurt any one it will be themselves. I will say that the only thing I would say is " fake" is the race location at the end of the show if they didn't put up those lights all you would see are tail lights ( not very good tv). Now all of those guys are stand up and will jump through hoops to help each other out. Somebody lost every thing in the tornado and they have gathered parts to get his car back and some one offered up a free paint job when it's ready. On to the guy above me the welcoming committee helps weed people out, gives you a quick feel of the site either you make or not, also you only really get hit if you join and you are dumb about it ie don't post pics, start a thread with a poll that's not needed , or try to sell stuff in your first post.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On to the guy above me. The welcoming committee helps weed people out, gives you a quick feel of the site. Either you make or not, also you only really get hit if you join and you are dumb about it ie don't post pics, start a thread with a poll that's not needed , or try to sell stuff in your first post.

O ya, I got all that. Actually every one there seems like a bunch of really cool dudes and dudettes ready to help anyone if they need it. And theyre awfully serious about this passion of theirs, which is not all just about street racing. There are some serious drag racing fanatics with some serious cars there that no way should be run on the street. Time and dyno sheets almost seem like a requirement there. And, like here, I understand that the ribbing is all in fun. If you have thin skin or get sand in your va-jj easily you wont make it, I got that. They have to 'weed' out people who arent serious about their cars or just dont have the right stuff for their association, which is their right. Look for me, I will be posting as soon as I get my current project car up to where I want it and not look like a dumbass because right now its just a V-6 and ricer bully. And trust me, I know from the last few intro threads Ive read not to do a poll as a newb, try to sell stuff as a newb, I know how to post pics to a forum without help- duh, lollll, and I may even be able to find a booby pic to throw up...

smax

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The main key is, None of those shows are based out of OKC.

No I dont have a 1000hp car , but I do have 2 cars that have way more than whats streetable power. And Im decent at getting the power down.

But a good driver is able to control and get down power to the ground for the most part, instead of romping on it. You know your car and what the limits are going to be trying to drive it on the street. Especially since these guys are somewhat considered "pro's" on the street.

Well they really do have a list, and you really can go to their website and challenge pretty much anyone of them. You know, so you can show them how to drive. Just make sure you bring more than your mouth.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What's funny is that you've lived around here that long and claim to know about racing but you don't know these guys. As for the "moron" not making his house payment, relax, there is some tv drama written in there for the masses. He doesn't even have a house payment, that house, motorhome and acreage you saw on the show is paid for (trust me).

Farmtruck is legit. http://youtu.be/zcPHHEea3lE You're welcome to call him out for the #10 spot.

Yes there are generators and lights out there and yes there are cops blocking the roads off for the tv show. Discovery is a little smarter than you're giving them credit for. But the cars are real, the "list" is real, the racing is real. Spots on the list are changing hands on the races you see on tv.

As for Tyler: http://www.turnerfh.net/PastObituary.aspx?did=6202c1c5-1c45-4566-9117-68e72c7bda68 That's real too.

No chit, go over to tulsaracewaypark.com and talk to Farmtruck on the forum real dude thats real fast.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watching reruns of the show right now. I don't know how much is real and how much isn't, but I'll give kudos to anyone that can control that much horsepower. I just watched the youtube of the Farm Truck wheelie run on a regular drag strip. Heck of a driver to keep that thing going in a straight line. Ain't no way I could.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Educate an idiot. How are they shifting? Do they run standards or autos? Looks like I've seen a clutch pedal on Chuck's car, but he's just flicking the shift lever to change gears.

Just curious

Just heard he's running a Powerglide. Is that the old 2 speed auto that Chevy used to make?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom