Stroke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one 19 years ago. Temporary loss of muscle function on my left side. Mine was a blood clot in my little bitty brain. I worked the re-hab and kept my spirit up and I got back to about 90% real quick. I haven't had another, but, it's a constant thought in the back of your mind. And take all the crap they (Drs) want you to, some of it actually works. And smile, everyone will think you are up to something.

DrJeff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wishing you all the best. It sounds like you have overcome quite a bit to even be at the point of writing. These type of strokes are significant, it says a great deal that you have come this far. Persistence and accepting family support will go far over the next several months as you continue to recover. I appreciate the words of advice as well. Many of us like to think we will always be 19 until our bodies tell us otherwise.
Wishing you health and happiness now and to come.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had surgery back in July to remove a subdural hematoma(caused by whiplash from being rear-ended) on the left side of my brain that had pushed my brain over 3/4" to the right. It was a slow bleed that progressively got worse over a 10 week period. Got to where I couldn't put two words together, got to where I could barely walk, was going blind in my right eye, and I must have blacked out for short instance because I was in traffic and all of a sudden I found myself a hundred yards or two further down the road with my wife screaming at me! (Scared the crap out of her!) I'm one luck guy or blessed by the Lord or both to still be alive. She took me to the hospital right there and then.

For me, the surgery went well, was out of the hospital in one week, and as far as I can tell, I lost nothing. ('Course, how would I know if I did!)

Moral of the story? Don't screw around when you find yourself in a new world every so often, and pay attention to your wife(spouse) when she(he) asks, "What the hell is wrong with you?" Get yourself checked out.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom