Suspenders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you big-bellied yay-hoos have a source for good, dependable suspenders? I'm talking everyday, active person (able to bend over at the waist) suspenders.

I'm sick and tired of spending half my time reaching back to redo the clip-on thingy every time I reach down to pick up a dropped doughnut. Those plastic clippy things suck.

I'm willing to drive to the big city for a decent pair of suspenders.

P.S. I promise not to assume you're big-bellied if you offer a good response.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you big-bellied yay-hoos have a source for good, dependable suspenders? I'm talking everyday, active person (able to bend over at the waist) suspenders.

I'm sick and tired of spending half my time reaching back to redo the clip-on thingy every time I reach down to pick up a dropped doughnut. Those plastic clippy things suck.

I'm willing to drive to the big city for a decent pair of suspenders.

P.S. I promise not to assume you're big-bellied if you offer a good response.
Have you tried these guys?
Baler belts.png

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've worn suspenders practically all my life. I'm a big bellied boy with hinky syndrom...I have a back with a crack! Meaning, my belly is bigger than my butt which results in plumber's butt.

On duty, I wear a pair of modified Uncle Mikes. They are made of non-stretchy nylon straps that keep my britches up where they are supossed to be.

Off duty, I wear a pair of Perrys. They use a plastic clip like device that goes around the belt, keeping your pants up. They are 100% elastic. But they don't use the alligator type of clips that you are talking about.

I've worn them for over 20 years and I've never had one come off accidentally.

Just google Perry suspenders and you'll be pleasantly pleased with your results.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've worn suspenders practically all my life. I'm a big bellied boy with hinky syndrom...I have a back with a crack! Meaning, my belly is bigger than my butt which results in plumber's butt.

On duty, I wear a pair of modified Uncle Mikes. They are made of non-stretchy nylon straps that keep my britches up where they are supossed to be.

Off duty, I wear a pair of Perrys. They use a plastic clip like device that goes around the belt, keeping your pants up. They are 100% elastic. But they don't use the alligator type of clips that you are talking about.

I've worn them for over 20 years and I've never had one come off accidentally.

Just google Perry suspenders and you'll be pleasantly pleased with your results.
Thanks, I'll give those a look. Although, in the summer, I often don't wear a belt. May have to change that habit.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jon, those appear to be what Glock 'em down was talking about. Looks like I'll seriously have to consider a belt all the time to accommodate them. Small price. Thanks.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wear suspenders daily and do all kinds of work for our public works department and i have been using those carpenter suspenders that you use on tool belts, the elastic in them dont last all that long but i usually get 5 to 6 years out of them before the metal clip wears thru the nylon strap. And usually find them at a hardware store or Lowe's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom