Talk to me about the Fatboy JR safe.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I've picked the safe I want but there are a few things I'm still trying to figure out, so if anyone has any and has insight let me know.

a. Does the standard model come with a power outlet in it already? ( I know it doesn't come with a dehumidifier, but I was curious if there was at least power for it. ) If it doesn't have power already, are there at least holes for running electrical?

b. Did anyone buy the after market door hanger? Does it work well? I looked at the safe, and then at the door hanger system, but didn't actually see the system IN the safe, so its hard to see if there is enough space (depth) between the interior shelfs and anything I'd want to hang on the door hanger system.

c. Any other pluses or minuses to it?

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned mine for about 2 years now, came with the outlet and the door hanger along with 2 interior LED lights in the cieling. I have been very happy with mine so far.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the reg fat boy. And it came with an outlet and a cord also came with the door panel which works great for handguns. And has the pockets for jewelry and coins along with other things. I couldn't be happier with mine only wish it was bigger. I also have a smaller one non fatboy and am about to buy another. The big factor for me jr vs 64 was the extra fire rating. But I'll probably go with a presidential this time for the even greater fire rating and those come with the factory led lights installed. Although the pendeltons have peeked my interest lately. But liberty makes the finest safes IMHO. It's a purchase where your only regret will be that's it's never big enough.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I almost bought one from Sports World a few years back. They are a really nice safe but I wound up buying a different brand from Security Center Inc. in Catoosa and I am very pleased. It might be worth the short drive. They have a very large selection.

gallk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had mine for 2 years. Got it at H&H during a sale. Mine does not have the power outlet or the door hangar. Both sound like great options. I did "upgrade" to the electronic lock and I couldn't be happier. There are holes in the back and you could use one to route electrical through. I put some of those battery operated lights for closets and they get the job done. I really like the safe. My only problem so far is that it's shorter height is a little challenging for some of the longer guns. It's kind of tough angling them in sometimes. Most people will advise that you get a bigger safe than you ever think you will need. I agree. I'm sure I can sell this one to a fellow OSA'r when the time comes to upgrade.

Latest posts

Top Bottom