Teachers strike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"If we do it the first week of April, that would be during standardized state testing, which would be a great time to say, 'Hey, we're going on strike, and we're not going to give these tests,'"
Yeah, that's it. Screw the kids minds over (testing next week, be ready...NO NOT REALLY). Not like those tests are important to the school system or funding or anything. Good on 'em (sarcasm complete). I know a whole bunch of teachers that I can say for certain will not strike. Their like cops/Firemen/EMTs and Grunts, they do it because they love it.

The last teachers strike I remember was in April of 1990. Schools were shut down for quite a while. They got their raises.

I want to know where all the money meant for the schools is going? Money is supposed to be coming in from the State, the Lottery and other sources. I know when I look at my annual house taxes I pay to the county three quarters of it is listed to go to schools.

Has anyone else googled the number and salaries of the school Superintendents? Why are there so many? Why are their salaries so high? Time for some audits and accountability? I think so.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Public school is nothing more than glorified daycare now. Teachers can't teach because they are hamstrung by regulations and administration, and parents.

My two youngest finished high school on-line. My oldest got his GED. The biggest problem my kids had in school was they were completely bored out of their minds. I'm not gonna say their teachers were bad, because they had to follow the curriculum, but I did meet some pretty ****** teachers during the time my kids were in school. Just like I met some who were trying their best and were completely frustrated with the atmosphere they had to try and work in.

Anybody who wants their kids to get a good education today needs to homeschool.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is "Give them a $10k raise and next year they will be back for more". It needs to be merit based because theres a lot of old teachers not performing well and are just sitting there waiting for that retirement check.
You just described every Fed and State Gov't job ever created..

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Some info I posted in another thread.

Just happened to hear how many schools there were in Broward County FL where the shooting happened. There are 327 schools in that district, and the superintendent makes $335,000 plus perks is close to $400k. Compare that to Grant Co, OK. Three school districts, which includes 4 school buildings, and the those three combined superintendent salaries were $348K three years ago. I'm sure there are other assistant supt in Broward Co, but something is askew here in OK imo.

27 schools in Garfield Co, 9 Districts and 9 superintendents making $990k combined in 2015, surely over the one million mark this year............................Not sure about the other districts, but I believe Enid Public Schools has three assistant superintendents as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom