Texting Driver Who Slammed Cyclist: I, Like, 'Just Don't Care'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I don't understand about cyclists is why they feel that they have any legitmate bitches about motorists.
My only guess is that you've never attended the funeral of a close personal friend who was killed by a motorist while riding a bicycle. She was as nice a person as you'd ever want to meet, out going and funny, and a serious cyclist who had also qualified for the Boston Marathon. She was killed by a 90 yr old man in a one ton pickup, ran over from behind by a man whose wife said should not have been driving. She was on her way to meet her husband for dinner. Another fellow at her funeral was wearing a cycling jersey with the picture of his 19 yr old daughter, who had also been killed by a careless motorist. My friend, who had been a teammate of the 19 yr old girl killed by that motorist, had come up with the idea of making those jerseys to commerate the life of that young woman taken far too soon from this world. A few of us noted the irony--the bereaved father wearing the jersey with the picture of his dead daughter on it, at the funeral of the woman who had designed the jersey, and who's idea it had been to have it made. Cyclists may sometimes impede the progress of motorists, but that doesn't kill anyone.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have passed five bi-cyclists in the last couple of days. Four of them were riding on the wrong side of the road. You want to ride a bicycle in traffic, then the rules that apply to motorcycles should apply to bicycles. Tags, insurance, safety gear, a class, or whatever the requirement may be.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have passed five bi-cyclists in the last couple of days. Four of them were riding on the wrong side of the road. You want to ride a bicycle in traffic, then the rules that apply to motorcycles should apply to bicycles. Tags, insurance, safety gear, a class, or whatever the requirement may be.

I'd rather no hafta do that for motorcycles. Cept the insurance thing.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they were riding on the wrong side of the road, chances are they were either homeless or children. Tags, insurance, safety gear, safety classes--all good ideas for the homeless and the young.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they were riding on the wrong side of the road, chances are they were either homeless or children. Tags, insurance, safety gear, safety classes--all good ideas for the homeless and the young.

How do you figure that any vehicle that is street legal should be exempt from the 'rules of the road'? Is that some kinda Envirohippah smug cloud idea?

A5Sooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My main issue is when fat men/women wear the full on spandex.

Your not fooling anyone and you not a pro in a race, the wind resistance is from you 4 foot wide ass; Not a normal pair of shorts and a shirt that fit.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one that kills me is when you fete bicycles riding down I've of or county roads going a full lane wide. They can't be seen over a hill and aren't fast enough to get out of the way of a car that can't stop on a dime. I get mad at them but its the mad you get at a child when they do something that scares you because of their safety. I don't want to hit a cyclist.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Top Bottom