Texting Driver Who Slammed Cyclist: I, Like, 'Just Don't Care'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So if a bicyclist runs a stop sign and smashes into the side of my car or hits me head on....what happens? Hey buddy let's exchange insurance?

How bout if im texting and they crash into me....why am I ticketed? I didn't crash.

How bout if i bump a bicyclist....bet my insurance get claimed on.

I don't mind bicyclers, I'm careful because I don't wanna hurt them, but if ya share the road I think ya ought a be insured. ..like the rest of us road users.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this would be an incorrect statement. if it were true, then bicycles would be required to be registered, display tags and carry insurance and have a legal license to operate. I don't mind the bikes on the street, it's the double standard that goes with them. I'm required to give them right of way when they are operating on a surface street, yet I'm not allowed to drive around Lake Hefner on the bike path, as that would be dangerous for the bikers. (and pedestrians who also have the right of way if they step into the street).

Why would you want to drive your car on the Lake Hefner bike path anyway..?

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hitting a cyclist is no different than hitting a pedestrian, you don't ask a pedestrian for insurance if they get hit by your vehicle and they are in the wrong, so why would you ask a cyclist for the same?

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
assets.inhabitat.com_wp_content_blogs.dir_1_files_2012_03_chai260c9a9e2c972501bd5a13e0ff04203b.jpg

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you ever go to the restaurants at Lake Hefner be very careful pulling into the parking area and crossing the walking/biking trail. There are stop signs on the road AND on the trail but I have NEVER seen a bicycle stop before crossing the road. I always assume cyclists will not follow the traffic laws because, frankly, they rarely do. I am not against cyclists at all but you do have to assume they will not follow the rules and that they feel entitled.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldn't read all the posts, but those few asshat bicyclists that give the rest of us a bad name, should gargle their own blood under a leaky fuel truck. Same goes for the penis wrinkle motorcyclists that like to ignore the rules of the road. I haven't owned a motorcycle since drivers ed was removed from the schools.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hitting a cyclist is no different than hitting a pedestrian, you don't ask a pedestrian for insurance if they get hit by your vehicle and they are in the wrong, so why would you ask a cyclist for the same?

Didn't you say earlier that they were vehicles...?

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Because you are driving a vehicle that could do expensive damage to my vehicle if you make a mistake. I'm guessing that your homeowners insurance would cover that damage???

I really don't have anything against cyclists, live and let live, don't want to be the guy that kills a cyclists and all of that.... What I don't understand about cyclists is why they feel that they have any legitmate bitches about motorists. Cyclists impede traffic by not be able to travel at a speed that maintains the smooth flow of traffic yet do nothing to get out of the way so that traffic can pass. Cyclists are as selfish as motorists.

Latest posts

Top Bottom