Thank you Senator McCain for killing Obamacare repeal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congress believes there are no consequences to meaningful action. They got what they wanted the day after they were elected to office. Everything else (life-long terms, for example) is just gravy on the biscuit and a chance to pad their bank accounts more and more but once they get those lifetime bennies?? (It's a rhetorical question, guys, I'm not looking for anyone to convince me a single, solitary person holding public office is there out of the kindness of their heart ...)

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody can blame McCain if they honestly care about healthcare. These GOP bills were a joke and quite honestly, embarrassing. Makes me think it was all a show. They want to let Obamacare crash, and I get that, but many of the fixes aren't rocket science.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well when it crashes it will crash hard. Then the "fix" will be single payer healthcare. Wonderful

Not a chance. There's simply too much money involved. The cost of our healthcare system is an international joke. You think all those hands in the pot are going to allow their bought and paid for congress-critters to turn off the tap? Never happen. We will continue to pay 3-5-10 times more for healthcare than the rest of the world does. And insurance CEO's will continue to ski behind their yachts.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
News flash.

McCain didn't kill ACA repeal

Stop buying the lies.

The whole thing has become a bad joke. The senate was voting on a "skinny" repeal, only after the house promised to not pass it. WTF is going on up there? DC has never been the most sane place, but this is off the rails even for them.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most people railing against this and attacking McCain couldn't even tell you what the bill number was, how many pages it was, what was in it, or what the next step was if it had passed.

The Senators themselves only saw it about 2 hrs before the vote.

Outright laughable theater.

Latest posts

Top Bottom