Thank you Senator McCain for killing Obamacare repeal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody can blame McCain if they honestly care about healthcare. These GOP bills were a joke and quite honestly, embarrassing. Makes me think it was all a show. They want to let Obamacare crash, and I get that, but many of the fixes aren't rocket science.

Well when you "own" both legislative houses and the white house and still can't get it done it just proves we have more work to do at the polls. That ain't Trump's or congress' fault. I agree that the bills so far are laughable and its probably a good thing they failed. I'm of the opinion now to let Obamacare die on it own and make sure the dims own what they've done.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well when you "own" both legislative houses and the white house and still can't get it done it just proves we have more work to do at the polls. That ain't Trump's or congress' fault. I agree that the bills so far are laughable and its probably a good thing they failed. I'm of the opinion now to let Obamacare die on it own and make sure the dims own what they've done.

But it won't play out like that. If, if, the ACA fails, the blame will fall on the party in power.

By proclaiming it's a mess and saying they won't do anything to fix it or by failing to do anything to fix it, while they hold the reigns of power...the failure/collapse will rest firmly on their shoulders. At least in the minds of those who support the ACA.

Trump will go all in on single payer if control of Congress flips and Dems send him a bill to sign. I'd bet money on it.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well when you "own" both legislative houses and the white house and still can't get it done it just proves we have more work to do at the polls.
There will be no more work done at the polls. The public keeps electing the same bunch back to office, McCain, Graham, Portman, Alexander. They even went out of their way to write Murkowski back into office.

Hell our own Imhofe is 82. You telling me we can't find anybody to run against him and our best bet is to sending them back. You telling me Imhofe is in touch with us serfs? When was the last time Imhofe pumped his own gas or bought a gallon of milk?

The only difference between Rs and Ds in Congress is which side they play on in the Softball game. Other than that, they're just interested in getting reelected and increasing their coffers.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I blame both Trump and Congress. Trump knows what it takes to free this up, he could be tweeting as such, Congress is to blame, well.... because..... it's their job. I was always taught "no excuses, just results" when I was growing up, but that's a lot to ask here.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I blame both Trump and Congress. Trump knows what it takes to free this up, he could be tweeting as such, Congress is to blame, well.... because..... it's their job. I was always taught "no excuses, just results" when I was growing up, but that's a lot to ask here.
Absolutely, I don't know why Trump hasn't gone Scorched Earth on incumbents. He could make their life a living hell between now and 2018.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But it won't play out like that. If, if, the ACA fails, the blame will fall on the party in power.

By proclaiming it's a mess and saying they won't do anything to fix it or by failing to do anything to fix it, while they hold the reigns of power...the failure/collapse will rest firmly on their shoulders. At least in the minds of those who support the ACA.

Trump will go all in on single payer if control of Congress flips and Dems send him a bill to sign. I'd bet money on it.

The ACA will fail.... for individual markets at least. You have something like half of the counties in the U.S. are already down to 1-2 carriers. It's a Ponzi scheme with sick people. It won't work.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Only if they allow it. And most people that live in the real world like we do know ACA was just the first step to single payer. Did you notice that they got a chance to vote on it yesterday? A GOP senator introduced the dim written bill to the letter and tried to get a full vote. And the dims wouldn't touch it. If the GOP takes the fall for ACA's implosion it's all on them and ONLY them, not one of them voted for it when it passed...

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Absolutely, I don't know why Trump hasn't gone Scorched Earth on incumbents. He could make their life a living hell between now and 2018.

And get them replaced with a Democrat? Or, do you think that if Trump supports a Republican running against an incumbent Republican Trump's sheer popularity will get the upstart elected?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you notice that they got a chance to vote on it yesterday? A GOP senator introduced the dim written bill to the letter and tried to get a full vote. And the dims wouldn't touch it. If the GOP takes the fall for ACA's implosion it's all on them and ONLY them, not one of them voted for it when it passed...

This was an attempt to split the democrats using a rift within their party. Single payer has support from the Sanders types but not amongst the more centric dems. The introduction of the amendment, and Dem response were no surprise. Dems forced a up or down result on the overall repeal and didn't allow some of their members to get swayed towards the possibility of single payer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom