Thank you Senator McCain for killing Obamacare repeal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He didn't throw anyone under the bus except for a bunch of deceiving and dishonest Republicans who voted for the eight page shell and sham Legislation knowing it wouldn't pass through reconciliation with the House.

The bill he voted no on was never going to become law. It was pure political theater.

As opposed to those deceiving and dishonest Democrats that passed the fuster cluck (they call Obamacare)in the first place? They flatly and plainly lied to the public to gain support and pass Obamacare that's was going to fail eventually but that's OK?

Not sure where you stand on this, but It was pretty clear that McCain was working with the Democrats on that vote watch the video they all knew it was coming, maybe it's in a bid to try and bring sides together to work together?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He didn't throw anyone under the bus except for a bunch of deceiving and dishonest Republicans who voted for the eight page shell and sham Legislation knowing it wouldn't pass through reconciliation with the House.

The bill he voted no on was never going to become law. It was pure political theater.

Ok, so let still make those bastards live under the obummercare just like we do. The fact that politician's have their own "royal health care" really pisses me off.

For the record, my family paid $16,200 in health care premiums last year (TX teacher insurance program). For this next year, we are dropping off our oldest two kids (they are on their own but under 26), and my daughter and I are getting on a Christian medical cooperative program which will cut our premiums by about $1000 a month.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As opposed to those deceiving and dishonest Democrats that passed the fuster cluck (they call Obamacare)in the first place? They flatly and plainly lied to the public to gain support and pass Obamacare that's was going to fail eventually but that's OK?

Not sure where you stand on this, but It was pretty clear that McCain was working with the Democrats on that vote watch the video they all knew it was coming, maybe it's in a bid to try and bring sides together to work together?

The democrats passing bad legislation is no excuse for republicans to do the same. They had no intention of this passing, and even if it did pass the Senate it would've been dead in conference committee. It. Was. A. Sham.

Ok, so let still make those bastards live under the obummercare just like we do. The fact that politician's have their own "royal health care" really pisses me off.

For the record, my family paid $16,200 in health care premiums last year (TX teacher insurance program). For this next year, we are dropping off our oldest two kids (they are on their own but under 26), and my daughter and I are getting on a Christian medical cooperative program which will cut our premiums by about $1000 a month.

You're right. But the fact is most of them are independently wealthy and don't need the ACA (even though since 2014, if they want to participate in employer funded healthcare they do actually have to purchase a plan from the ACA exchange).

McCain's vote literally meant nothing.

How many people ranting against McCain and this vote know the bill number? How many read it? How many knew what it meant? How many know what the next legislative step was? How many knew the impact to the ACA if by some miracle it passed both houses and was signed into law?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guarantee most of congress is on some sort of MDVIP program, they are already on ACA certified plans per say.

The only way you could do apples to apples with congress is to force them to pay about 25-30% of their income for insurance premium, then a family deductible that is 5-10% on top of that, then play with their network so it kicks them off of the doctor they prefer. The democrats really look out for the common man.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The democrats passing bad legislation is no excuse for republicans to do the same. They had no intention of this passing, and even if it did pass the Senate it would've been dead in conference committee. It. Was. A. Sham.

You're right. But the fact is most of them are independently wealthy and don't need the ACA (even though since 2014, if they want to participate in employer funded healthcare they do actually have to purchase a plan from the ACA exchange).

McCain's vote literally meant nothing.

How many people ranting against McCain and this vote know the bill number? How many read it? How many knew what it meant? How many know what the next legislative step was? How many knew the impact to the ACA if by some miracle it passed both houses and was signed into law?

All true. It they had a chance to repeal the **** show cleanly and they didn't

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All right then. If you think the GOP should have repealed The Affordable Care Act, then what would you want them to replace it with?
Just kill it? What a massive financial and legal battle that would be. Not sure it could even be done.
Phase it out? Perhaps, but you have to provide a plan that's more than Trump's Tweets.
If you have the answers, provide them. Of course provide how it would work, how it would be implemented, what the financial cost would be, what would be the legal ramifications and so on till you've covered ALL the bases.
All I hear is kill it or skin it. Like to hear how you catch it first.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The democrats passing bad legislation is no excuse for republicans to do the same.).?
What you left out is that obama care with all his lies and deceit was meant for one thing.....single payer.
Johnathan Gruber wrote Obamacare. He has commented that the public is stupid.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/223578-obamacare-architect-lack-of-transparency-helped-law-pass
The fawking dimocrats consider you and I stupid. So, yes it is acceptable to comment on the dimocrats legislation n the past to understand their position now.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a child, I loved 3 Musketeers Bars. Loved them! Never had enough money to buy more than one at a time. Money was tight and everything went to help support us.
One hot summer day, after mowing as many lawns as I could (9 hours with a push mower) I had a pocket full of ones and quarters. Exactly $12.75. Candy bars were a dime and I had stopped by the store to get a RC and a Musketeer. I saw the 3 M bars in the display, thought about the money in my pocket and bought 10 of them. They were bigger then and I was determined, for once in my life, to have all I wanted.
About the forth one, I knew I was trouble, but kept it up. The milk chocolate was not as creamy when I hit number 6 and I had started this odd sweat. At 9 my head began to hurt and a nausea was washing over me like waves.
The tenth bar was going to be a struggle. I forced it in with just two bites. Not sure if I chewed at all, just swallowed.
Now I had a 1 mile walk home, pushing a lawn mower with a wobbly wheel. The wheel was not the only thing that was wobbly that wheel was a heck of a lot sturdier than the wobbly pusher.
A half block from home, the Musketeer's decided to make a break for it. I've never seen projectile upchuck before and to this day I've never seen such milky brown upchuck reach that distance. I made it home with no excuse for not eating dinner. Straight to bed and bathroom. The next few hours were a bit hazy. I think I may have passed out in the bowl because when I woke up my head was soaking wet.
From that day to now, even the though of a 3 musketeer bar, will send those waves I mentioned earlier, sweeping over me. I was sick of them like nothing before or after.
With that being said. I am surprised to find I now have something I hate to think about even more than the dreaded 3 m's.
It's the repeal of the Affordable Care Act.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's an idea. OK several...

1) Repeal the damn thing. Do it in phases over a few years if need be, but KILL IT WITH FIRE!
2) Get rid of the regs prohibiting sales of policies across state lines and no policy mandates! And while at it beef up the HSA allowances.
3) Start the process to repeal the 17th Amendment.
4) Call it a day.

I'm so sick of hearing that they have to replace it. Why? We got along just fine for a little over 230 years without the ACA. Where in the Constitution does it say government's role is to provide our health insurance coverage? Where is it written that it has to be replaced? Answer: Our news media that's where! The one that can't bring themselves to tell the truth about anything? Yes, that's whose really calling the shots and dictating policy.

Here's the dirty secret. The insurance companies will replace it! Free markets are funny like that. If there is a need for high risk plans, guess what? There will be high risk plans to buy. This would take some time, granted. But it would be a boon to the insurance industry in the end. Just like car insurance, we could pick the level of coverage we want. Need a heavy liability amount? I do because it's a work requirement. My next door neighbor doesn't. I choose to buy collision and comprehensive even though my cars are paid off free and clear. My son doesn't because he cant afford them.

If they get the hell out of the way and the health insurance market is allowed to happen on it's own, the insurance companies will fill it with purchase options. Good GAWD I dunno how some people get up in the morning...

Latest posts

Top Bottom