The Daily Prayer Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another reason I left the ER and corporate world....

They'll work you to death, and when you die, they'll have a replacement next week.

They ain't looking out for your best interests.
Know what you are talking about. The medical field is overwhelmed right now. My wife works at a rural hospital and hasn't had a day off in 30 days. They do not have a full staff ER so she is on call. Worked all weekend and yesterday got called back in at 12:15 am worked till 1:15 am this morning 25 hrs straight came home slept 4 hrs and got called back at 5:00am. She is wore out physically and mentally. Talked to her this morning and she is going to take 4 days off starting Thursday or she quits. At this point I fully support it.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So yesterday was one heck of a day.

Headed to Kansas City for a couple of days trying to learn how to ski.

About an hour out of town, my Tahoe shuts down, turns out I've blown a head gasket. Crap.

So, we got it towed back to Bartlesville and dropped at my mechanic, rented a minivan, loaded up The Wife, The Boy, The Dog and all accoutrements, got to run all around KC looking for some ski pants for my wife. Literal 8-10 places, rushing to try to be the early New Year's Eve closing hours... I ordered her some ski pants, but yay USPS Priority Mail decided to strand it somewhere for 2 weeks and then delivered it to my front porch 3 hours after we left. <sigh>

So anyways... crazy expensive last day of 2020, but here we are with snow over ice and about to head out to the ski place.

Praise God, we were able to handle it all, and hopefully no one will come home in a cast - first time on skis.

Hope ya'll all are safe, warm and happy in the new 2021!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So yesterday was one heck of a day.

Headed to Kansas City for a couple of days trying to learn how to ski.

About an hour out of town, my Tahoe shuts down, turns out I've blown a head gasket. Crap.

So, we got it towed back to Bartlesville and dropped at my mechanic, rented a minivan, loaded up The Wife, The Boy, The Dog and all accoutrements, got to run all around KC looking for some ski pants for my wife. Literal 8-10 places, rushing to try to be the early New Year's Eve closing hours... I ordered her some ski pants, but yay USPS Priority Mail decided to strand it somewhere for 2 weeks and then delivered it to my front porch 3 hours after we left. <sigh>

So anyways... crazy expensive last day of 2020, but here we are with snow over ice and about to head out to the ski place.

Praise God, we were able to handle it all, and hopefully no one will come home in a cast - first time on skis.

Hope ya'll all are safe, warm and happy in the new 2021!

Enjoy yourselves and stay safe! You've used up all of your bad luck for 2021. Happy New Year!

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My prayer today is thanking God, The Father, His Son Jesus, The Holy Spirit. Thanking Him for His love, His forgiveness, His daily guidance, His promises and His offerings of peace and joy in hearts of mankind.
May we all feel that peace and joy for a HAPPY 2021. God bless our precious USA and the world!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has has had two phone interviews with the state for a job!! She was asked to come to an in person interview tomorrow! I pray that she gets it if it be Gods will. She still hasn’t gotten her unemployment and she lost her job on October 9th! Totally unacceptable. I am gonna use up all my savings if we don’t get it soon. Please pray that everything works out and we can be in a good spot.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Know what you are talking about. The medical field is overwhelmed right now. My wife works at a rural hospital and hasn't had a day off in 30 days. They do not have a full staff ER so she is on call. Worked all weekend and yesterday got called back in at 12:15 am worked till 1:15 am this morning 25 hrs straight came home slept 4 hrs and got called back at 5:00am. She is wore out physically and mentally. Talked to her this morning and she is going to take 4 days off starting Thursday or she quits. At this point I fully support it.

My nurse getting me ready for surgery today and I were talking about this very thing
Integris has increased the patient to nurse load. As far as I'm concerned that is not a good thing. One person can only do so much and burning out the folks who are there doing a job that requires a high amount of personal interaction is not the way to go ... A least not in my mind. I feel bad for anyone in the medical field right now. Burn out sucks.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems every one in the Medical Field is strapped, overworked,and struggling, they need our suppport and prayers as well. My daugher is pressuring me to go to the hospital and can't get it through her head that I'm just not that sick. If we weren't in the fight with COVID like we find ourselves in now, I'd have already been there. Tough times for all of us. I feel for the doctors and nurses and others who are stretched so thin right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom