The Daily Prayer Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems every one in the Medical Field is strapped, overworked,and struggling, they need our suppport and prayers as well. My daugher is pressuring me to go to the hospital and can't get it through her head that I'm just not that sick. If we weren't in the fight with COVID like we find ourselves in now, I'd have already been there. Tough times for all of us. I feel for the doctors and nurses and others who are stretched so thin right now.

No kidding. We talked about THAT too. Even all masked up with a face shield on you can see the exhaustion in their eyes. And I've seen WAY too many "Patient Karens" in my adventures. I want to go *****-slap them. It's a HOSPITAL ... Not a 5-star resort. **** ... Besides except for a couple of isolated incidents EVERY SINGLE person I've come in contact with has gone above and beyond their "official" duties to help me.

The EMSA employee who let me use his phone to let Grumpy know where they were transferring me to -- because the ER nurse said ... And I quote "That's not my job."

The doctors and nurses in the ER Department who understood that my probably kinda inappropriate joking around is a coping mechanism -- I'm really NOT crazy. Well ... Hmmm ... Okay ... Maybe I'm crazy just a little. Haha!

The prep nurse today who let Grumpy get a bunch of stuff off his chest. He wasn't her patient. She could have sent him out of the room. Instead she and I gave each other that "woman look" ;) when men need a little extra attention -- don't start with me, YOU GUYS DO IT TOO!! LOL And just kept looking for a vein -- which BTW is a ***** to find when you are dehydrated and in pain. Third times a charm, though! Haha! When they were moving me to surgery and he was going back to the waiting room she said "He loves you an awful lot." I laughed and said "Every man on the planet loves the maid. He MISSES his maid!" Haha! She laughed and said "And I bet you love your chauffeur, huh?" Yep!! She "gets" us! Lmao!

I can give you a list as long as I am tall of examples like these two. I can only pray for the kind of patience, kindness and dedication these people have shown me when I was absolutely not able to take care of myself. I might have to admit that maybe there are more good people in the world than I thought. ;)

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prayers for everyone, especially Fred and his wife (yay for the interviews!) and for THAT Gurl as well as she prepares for surgery. We love you, Gurl! Hang in there!

Whooo-hooo!! It's DONE!! I didn't get the instant pain relief we were hoping for (but to be fair only 73% of patients do according to a couple of peer-reviewed studies I read). It IS better, though. And my posture is MUCH better. I'm not leaning forward nearly as much when I walk. When Grumpy gets home from work tomorrow we are gonna go walk a lap at the park. Just one. I GOTTA do something. I am absolutely gobsmacked at how much strength and stamina I've lost in the last few weeks. I can see how some people never recover from stuff like this. It is HARD to make yourself do what you KNOW you need to do when you are constsntly hitting that wall -- and paying for it for DAYS after.

For tomorrow all i ask for is that each of us can find the strength to get through our own special version of "trials and tribulations". None of us have it easy, even though it's easy to become a bit self-absorbed and think we are the only ones having problems. Let me be a better person tomorrow than I was today -- both physically and with regard to my fellow man. Instead of thinking "I can't" we all need to be thinking "Just because it's HARD doesn't mean I can't. It just means it's hard."

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whooo-hooo!! It's DONE!! I didn't get the instant pain relief we were hoping for (but to be fair only 73% of patients do according to a couple of peer-reviewed studies I read). It IS better, though. And my posture is MUCH better. I'm not leaning forward nearly as much when I walk. When Grumpy gets home from work tomorrow we are gonna go walk a lap at the park. Just one. I GOTTA do something. I am absolutely gobsmacked at how much strength and stamina I've lost in the last few weeks. I can see how some people never recover from stuff like this. It is HARD to make yourself do what you KNOW you need to do when you are constsntly hitting that wall -- and paying for it for DAYS after.

For tomorrow all i ask for is that each of us can find the strength to get through our own special version of "trials and tribulations". None of us have it easy, even though it's easy to become a bit self-absorbed and think we are the only ones having problems. Let me be a better person tomorrow than I was today -- both physically and with regard to my fellow man. Instead of thinking "I can't" we all need to be thinking "Just because it's HARD doesn't mean I can't. It just means it's hard."
Amen Gurl! Pray you keep improving.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm super glad you got SOME relief! I am guessing from what you're talking about this was a kyphoplasty. I don't know, but I remember you saying you had a couple of crunched vertebrae, so that's probably it, is my thought.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm super glad you got SOME relief! I am guessing from what you're talking about this was a kyphoplasty. I don't know, but I remember you saying you had a couple of crunched vertebrae, so that's probably it, is my thought.

Yep. That was it. They only did one of the 3. I'm not sure why but if I was guessing I'd think they aren't real excited about poking holes in that double fist-sized hematoma that is sitting on top of them. We about decided that the hematoma is causing the spasms and not the fractures. I think that it's gonna just take a LOT of time to get back to Point A ... Cuz I'm at Point Y right now. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom