The Flu 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beware of internet research...."appealing" false ideas propagate rapidly....a large number of people claiming something proves nothing, especially when they are citing each other.

I pay my doctor for medical advice and guidance.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then show me the data that proves that it is 100% effective every year. That was my point and the data proves me right.

Hahaha! Ok, Straw Man! lol Way to go, using hyperbole to try to make your point. Aaaaaaand with that... seeya later. lol Go ahead... you can put in the last word, misled and uneducated as it may be. ;)

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, with some other health issues, my doc almost demands that I get the shot. I haven't had a full blown case of the flu in many years.....so, I do believe that the shot may help lessen the severity of even a different strain. The shots stimulate the immune system.

What gets me is the germaphobes that you see wiping down every surface with their sanitizing wipes. While they are keeping their immune system in idle mode, if something really bad comes down the pike, they'll be the first to suffer the effects.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What gets me is the germaphobes that you see wiping down every surface with their sanitizing wipes. While they are keeping their immune system in idle mode, if something really bad comes down the pike, they'll be the first to suffer the effects.

There may be truth to that statement. I've read reports, not studies that agree.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yeppers...

...for years I've been saying, "Germs are our friends."

My sister was prone to not let her son and daughter outside to play to some degree. My two boys were not only outside, they were outside and in the corrals with all those "cow chips." Niece and nephew always took any illness hard and needed to be coddled. Our sons just sniffled along and kept on going.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now I get what you guys are arguing about. You'er arguing about nothing. The shot isn't 100% effective and everybody should take it anyway. You guys are arguing about nothing. That's a pretty cool and fun thing to do. I doff my hat.
I know it's not 100% effective and yes I get it anyway. And yes we are arguing about nothing, it keeps us off the streets and out of trouble.

That new shingles shot sure hurts, my arm was sore for 3 days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom