The Republic Survives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Republic survives. I thought I would give the more excitable among us time to vent and gloat before i posted this. Some of us are incensed, and rightly so. Some others are glad, and that too is their prerogative even if they are smug and self righteous in their demeanor. The fact is we live in the greatest country on planet Earth. No body came to me and mine this morning in order to drag us into the street for persecution, torture, enslavement or killing because I loathe some of the people we have in elected to office. That is how business is done in other places, under different rules. This country, in spite of its shortcomings and specifically because of its exceptional-ism, does not do that as a matter of course. If that time were to come it would be the duty of every American to stand against it with force and without regard to what may be lost fighting for our rights as human beings. This includes "Our lives, our fortunes, our sacred honor".
But that isn't today. Our lives are not "good or bad" based on who sits in the oval office. Our lives are what they are based on who we are, how we treat each other, what we teach the next generation through words and especially deeds. So many of us are too far removed from what evil really looks like because of how good we have it, or because we have decided it is easier to be a victim rather than living free. While this is a sure path to subjugation for those who live this way, for others it is a beacon atop the lighthouse showing what should be avoided.
We can argue the relative merits or detriments of our elected leaders without hating those who choose either path but respecting the person for their choices and letting them fail or succeed based on their choices. This is what we are as Americans at the end of the day. Weep for the Republic today if you must, but tomorrow will come and you will have to decide what you do to keep it great or oversee its demise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom