They know what is best for you.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this from the south side of Chicago? (Ward 3)

Looks like it. Good thing they don't allow guns there or it would be really bad. Sounds like the police have things well under control.

Crimes reported in Ward 3 over about a five day period (edited down due to space limitation for posting)

http://chicago.everyblock.com/locations/wards/3/?only=crime

Good grief ... has someone pointed out to him just how poorly his plan is working out??

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These are the serfs in Obama's and Emanuel's kingdom. See no evil, Hear no evil, Resist no evil. A paradise that only needs more nanny state-ism to succeed.

Biggsly -Thank you or sharing this.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is worse than I imagined/ Some Chicago politician appear to be in cahoots with the gangs.

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/January-2012/Gangs-and-Politicians-An-Unholy-Alliance/
While they typically deny it, many public officials-mostly, but not limited to, aldermen, state legislators, and elected judges-routinely seek political support from influential street gangs. Meetings like the ones Baskin organized, for instance, are hardly an anomaly. Gangs can provide a decisive advantage at election time by performing the kinds of chores patronage armies once did.

• In some cases, the partnerships extend beyond the elections in troubling-and possibly criminal-ways, greased by the steady and largely secret flow of money from gang leaders to certain politicians and vice versa. The gangs funnel their largess through opaque businesses, or front companies, and through under-the-table payments. In turn, grateful politicians use their payrolls or campaign funds to hire gang members, pull strings for them to get jobs or contracts, or offer other favors (see “Gangs and Politicians: Prisoner Shuffle”).

• Most alarming, both law enforcement and gang sources say, is that some politicians ignore the gangs’ criminal activities. Some go so far as to protect gangs from the police, tipping them off to impending raids or to surveillance activities-in effect, creating safe havens in their political districts. And often they chafe at backing tough measures to stem gang activities, advocating instead for superficial solutions that may garner good press but have little impact.

The paradox is that Chicago’s struggle to combat street gangs is being undermined by its own elected officials. And the alliances between lawmakers and lawbreakers raise a troubling question: Who actually rules the neighborhoods-our public servants or the gangs?

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sheds a lot of light on the Chicago politician lecturing the citizen about how he shouldn't resist. It appears as if the gang leaders paid for the lecture.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
" I would rather live a day on my feet than a lifetime on my knee's" - unknown
There was a speech were Mayor Daley advised people to carry around a whistle, if you were getting robbed you could blow the whistle and alert a concerned citizen who would call the police for you....lmao one of the funny things I've heard from a Chicago politician. He should have his bodygaurds trade there guns for whistles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom