Those M&P owners out there...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
may be able to tell me what to do next. I just broke down and got the M&P9L from the Enid gun show the other day and I love it. I smoothed out the trigger take up a bit (it was gritty feeling) by lightly stoning on the trigger bar but what's next? Has anyone done any trigger work on these? Would like a slightly lighter pull. Maybe a good 1000 rds will do it.

Also wondering what kind of holsters are good for these. Not necessarily IWB.

It's also got an accessory rail just begging for something to be slapped on.

Any suggestions or pointers about this thing would be great.

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For trigger work, email Olyeller (Accurate Iron) and let him do it right. He's one of the top M&P gunsmiths in the US especially for trigger work.

There are instructions on the web by Dan Burwell (another top M&P gunsmith located in Indiana) for a DIY trigger job.

Here's a link discussing M&P trigger work on the Brian Enos website (high quality forum for competition shooting; some of the best of the best hang out there): http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=94295

EDIT: my choice for m&P and 1911 belt holsters is Kytac with Comp-Tac Minotaur for IWB carry.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have serveral holsters for my M&P's. For CC I use a Comp-Tac shirt tucker (now called the Infidel at comp-tac) and for competition I use a Kytac holster. I also have a BladeTech holster that came with my M&P40 that i still like a lot. I could recommend any of these without hesitation.

The recommendation of letting Olyeller of Accurate Iron take care of your trigger work is spot on! Mike has done the work on both of my M&P's and it is absolutely first rate.

Eric67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 for Ol'Yeller, he did a great job on my M&P40, the pretravel is smooth as glass, the trigger break is extremely crisp and consiberably lighter than stock, and the reset is very distinct.

I have a Dawson Precision 10-8 rear sight and fiber optic front and love them.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The DIY instructions arent bad, but you need to feel comfortable detail stripping and using a file.
Its about 60% of what a accurate-iron action job is.

I use safariland holsters for duty and Kytac for competition.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Accurate Iron action work will make a great gun and unbelievable gun!!!

Mike is an awesome gunsmith!! Don't take my word for it, shoot a pistol he has worked on and his work will speak for itself!

Latest posts

Top Bottom