Those of you who know me ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We (our dept) had another deputy shoot some dude, totally righteous shoot, a few weeks earlier. It was a big deal. The dept leadership raked her over the coals...real bad.

I was thinking about that instead of thinking about what I should do.

Went to court on a prelim on this guy. Judge Christopher Munch told the guy he was lucky I was the officer that stopped him and arrested him. He said any other officer should've shot him and then stated "and that's exactly what this officer should've done. You should be dead. You should thank this officer that you're still alive."

Dude plead guilty to 2nd Degree Assault (on a Peace Officer). Judge gave him 60 days with a few years suspended. I was pissed. Even worse, he was arrested again while out on bail awaiting sentencing in my case. This time for cocaine possession...again. He got 90 days for that.

60 days for stabbing me in the face but 90 days for possession. Needless to say I was pretty disillusioned with our "justice system" after that.

Why am I not surprised?? Grumpy used to argue case law with me ALL. THE. TIME. When I'd tell him what was gonna happen in a certain case he'd get all righteous and say "THAT ain't right!" to which I would respond "YOU work in law enforcement. I work in the legal 'justice' system. Those 2 things are NOT the same. Not even close."

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that was a somewhat difficult lesson to learn as a new cop. Whenever one of my cases would get plea-bargained or dismissed I'd take it all personal. Took me a while to come to the realization that my job was to put them in jail. After that, my end of the process was over unless I was called into court to testify. Once I figured out it wasn't personal my life got much easier.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe it’s from mostly watching YouTube but I would never want to be a cop. It looks like a nightmare. You need serious patience to deal with some people and if you ever get worn down and act like a jerk, it’s a bad deal. Not to mention the uniform in the summer. If I wear underwear too many days in a row I’ll get a rash. You don’t want to deal with a pissed off cop with a heat rash.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe it’s from mostly watching YouTube but I would never want to be a cop. It looks like a nightmare. You need serious patience to deal with some people and if you ever get worn down and act like a jerk, it’s a bad deal. Not to mention the uniform in the summer. If I wear underwear too many days in a row I’ll get a rash. You don’t want to deal with a pissed off cop with a heat rash.

Nobody really chooses to be a cop, it kinda chooses you. After doing this silly job for 33 years, I don't think I could do anything else. But sometimes, I'd sure like to try. :wink2:

And as for the uniform? Yeah, it's kind of a pain in the ass, but at least I know what I'm gonna wear to work everyday. I save lots of time not staring at the closet trying to decide on my daily attire.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also grew up in a place where my mother and sometimes my dad were always worried about the cops. Immediate stress. The issues were inspection stickers, insurance verifications, MJ, and with my dad, possible DUI. When I finally got my own car, I was paranoid AF at first. I checked everything before I even backed out. Insurance card, tag, lights. Took years to relax. I used to be so nervous. Can’t believe I wasn’t searched. One cop even used soothing tones. Haha

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anytime I had tattoo money it was transferred to Gun or bike parts money instead lol

Yep, when I was doing tattoos I always pointed out to my kids how foolish it was for people to hand over cash and guns in exchange for me needling them. One listened, the other didn't. (to be fair the one who didn't was extremely young when I got out of it, and he has some very nice artwork he got in Germany)

Fancy ink or fancy glass on a rifle?

Fancy ink or a new pistol or two?

Hell some of the folks I took money from could barely scrape together gas money lol. I don't get it.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, when I was doing tattoos I always pointed out to my kids how foolish it was for people to hand over cash and guns in exchange for me needling them. One listened, the other didn't. (to be fair the one who didn't was extremely young when I got out of it, and he has some very nice artwork he got in Germany)

Fancy ink or fancy glass on a rifle?

Fancy ink or a new pistol or two?

Hell some of the folks I took money from could barely scrape together gas money lol. I don't get it.
Yeah, I see them as a luxury good. I have a notebook of all my ideas and wants for ink and when I have some extra cash, I will get some more. Bills, retirement, trips with the family, and often times a specific gun, optic, knife, or car part I want more come first. The last session I had was 8-9 years ago, hahaha.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I see them as a luxury good. I have a notebook of all my ideas and wants for ink and when I have some extra cash, I will get some more. Bills, retirement, trips with the family, and often times a specific gun, optic, knife, or car part I want more come first. The last session I had was 8-9 years ago, hahaha.

Yeah, everyone's got priorities. Wife spent a fortune on her sleeve, but it has a meaning, she can afford it, so it's not stupid.

On the other hand I've done hundred dollar skull tattoos for everything from Mossberg 500s to Marlin 39s. Dudes that should be buying baby formula and diapers getting ink. Makes as much sense as the White trash chick in her pajamas with no car, five kids standing in line at QT to buy scratch offs and cigarettes.

Priorities, man...

Latest posts

Top Bottom