Thoughts for the Dads of Daughters...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, my 6 year old red headed daughter kills people. I’ll need to try and save some of the poor boys.

Yup. Redheads are just like that. It's funny...I was raised with my cousin (she's a redhead) as brother and sister. We were in the same grade, at the same school, lived right next to each other. Fought like cats and dogs growing up. Hated each other.

Then, we grow up, mature somewhat, I become a cop, she's elected country sheriff, we become best friends. The only woman I love more than her is wife and daughters. She means the world to me. I would fall upon my sword for her.

But I still think she could whoop my ass.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This guy in the video doesn’t know what he’s talking about. A man’s role in marriage was decided a long, long time ago. My future son-in-law must meet the four P’s (Layman’s term) as established by God through His word.

Do any of us husbands meet the four P’s constantly? No, but it’s where we should begin our marriage and strive everyday to meet.

If we as dads, have strived to live our lives this way, our daughters should desire and seek the four P’s in a future husband as well. After all, these son-in-laws should love our daughters as Christ loved the church and gave His life for it.

The four P’s are:
priest
prophet
provider
protector

Now, a young man will not possess these qualities fully although he should seek these qualities as well as our own sons.

A priest represents his people (family) before God. A husband should be an Intercessor before God for his family through prayer.
A prophet represents his God before the people (family). The husband should be a teacher of Gods word. He doesn’t have to be a theologian but needs to know why he believes what he believes.
A provider makes sure his family has everything they need. He must not be lazy or a sluggard.
A protector places himself between his family and anyone meaning them harm.

The four P’s are backed up within scripture and is a model of the Bride Groom and His bride. This is how my future son-in-law must advocate my daughters hand before me and hopefully I’ve instilled this in my daughter as well.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father-in-law said no both times I asked to marry his daughter. After almost 20 years of marriage he hates me less now than he did then. Baby steps.
You're so lucky! My in-laws don't hate me. That is perhaps too mild a word. We've only been married a bit over 40 years. You'd think they'd have gotten used ot me by now.

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never asked anyone. First wife's parents were staunch Catholics and were absolute pieces of feces when they found out a heathen was banging their daughter. Church ex-communicated her for marrying me. Real nice folks.

My forever wife was the gem of the whole family, didn't need anyone's blessing and neither did I. I can't imagine her needing anyone's permission to do anything, lol.

I honestly don't believe I could stand being with anyone that wasn't independent enough to just do whatever they want.
Lol that’s not even an offense worthy of excommunication.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn’t ask, and I don’t expect whatever dumb@ss my daughter ends up with will ask either. Her first boyfriend didn’t last too long, and I’m trying hard to see what her current boyfriend is made of. I told him upfront that my goal is to make him cry. I haven’t been successful yet, so he evidently has pretty thick skin. :anyone:
Seems unfair to her

Latest posts

Top Bottom