Thoughts for the Dads of Daughters...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife did not have a father when I met her, he had passed when she was about 12. I did ask her best friend's Dad because that was how she had looked up to him. He said NO! He said it was I had been married before. I went to my soon to be wife and told her what he said and she was pissed. She talked to her friend and it turned out her Dad had me investigated. My wife was furious and she didn't talk to her friend for several years. Our 30th anniversary will be in May.

Harp13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I asked my FIL. Timing was difficult because it is 850 miles to visit in person.

My wife is a twin. It turned out that the day I made it out there to ask him was less than 24 hours after my BIL had asked to marry her sister.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn’t ask, and I don’t expect whatever dumb@ss my daughter ends up with will ask either. Her first boyfriend didn’t last too long, and I’m trying hard to see what her current boyfriend is made of. I told him upfront that my goal is to make him cry. I haven’t been successful yet, so he evidently has pretty thick skin. :anyone:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did ask. Found out later, F-i-L didn't ask and he felt like his F-i-L always resented it, as disrespectful.
S-i-L asked me, told him no. He swore to take care of her forever (or half-assed for 10 years, mooching off of us for us over half of that time and then cheating on her, he run off before I seen him.)
Granddaughter and her fiancé asked me to bless their marriage and then asked me to walk her down the aisle. Her PoS sperm donor wasn't invited and didn't care.

Latest posts

Top Bottom