Threads about Race and Racism

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously?!? Gotta admit I'm a bit jealous. Good on you, man!

Dead serious. She was gorgeous too...

Movie tickets to Lincoln - $18
Starbucks in the lobby - $9
Being the only interracial couple in the theater other than Thaddeus Stevens and Lydia Smith on screen... PRICELESS.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like I am only 1/3rd of the sites 'main' demographic- I am male but I am not a Christian or pure white. I'm mixed blood. And Agnostic.

Cool site. I get along with everybody. I hope so anyways.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are mostly good and decent people here at OSA...it is in our nature to help out about anyone we could (regardless of race or creed) depending, and judge people at an individual level and not in a group...but it sure does make it easier if the person you help is appreciative and not entitled.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is not a "conversation" and will never be one.

It is a group of people with similar views reinforcing their own opinions.

If you want to have a true conversation on this matter, you will need people with disparate points of view and actually be willing to listen to them rather than simply deciding that they're wrong.

Other than the humorous posts here, the majority of posts indicate that people are already entrenched in their position and believe they've somehow been wronged and can't get a fair shake.

Good luck.

Michael Brown

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mike, go look at the other thread. We've had some members who aren't in the main demographic, who have spoken up. That took a lot of courage. There are probably folks here who simply will not change their views for anything, but I'd like to think that most people here are decent, good people who are willing to hear other viewpoints.

Maybe I should change my name to Pollyanna.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is not a "conversation" and will never be one.

It is a group of people with similar views reinforcing their own opinions.

If you want to have a true conversation on this matter, you will need people with disparate points of view and actually be willing to listen to them rather than simply deciding that they're wrong.

Other than the humorous posts here, the majority of posts indicate that people are already entrenched in their position and believe they've somehow been wronged and can't get a fair shake.

Good luck.

Michael Brown

The problem is that most people with disparate points of view will stifle discussions (especially about race relations) if you do not agree with them...they don't seem to want to work things out, or acknowledge ANY facts...They are emotional creatures and not logical. Either that or they have a hidden agenda. Do you think the other side is not just as entrenched in their views? Just curious.

Person A: "0bama is allowing too much deficit spending"
Person B: "you racist"

how can you debate with that? I usually take it that if a liberal resorts to the false race card, then they are signalling they have lost the debate and can't stand on any facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom