Threads about Race and Racism

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of you wonder why we are quick to close down threads on race and Racism. I have received a lot of PMs asking this question. The reason is they seem to get out of hand relatively quickly.

The demographic on OSA is predominantly White Christian male. Consequently, the posts reflect that viewpoint.

However, DennisHoddy made a comment in another thread that made a lot of sense. He basically asked how we could ever make progress if we did not discuss the issue. I agree. Political Correctness is killing our country. It stifles honest debate and it prohibits us from making TRUE progress in race relations. We can never solve problems if we do not attempt to understand others' points of view. That does NOT mean you have to agree with them, but you should at least be willing to hear them. It may reinforce your current beliefs, or it may change your mind on your beliefs. Either way, honest, respectful discussion is a step forward.

A little later this evening, I will post a thread in which we can discuss these issue. DO NOT discuss them in this one.

In the future thread, please be respectful and do not crack wise or make racist comments. If you do, I, personally, will ban you for two weeks. If you absolutely need to express racist sentiment go join Redneck1861 on a White Supremacist or White Nationalist site. We are not going to tolerate that here. Too many Black, Hispanic, Native American and Asian men and women have given their lives in service of our country, so we can have the freedom to believe as we wish.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
JB, I have not partaken in any of the race discussion you speak of...I also respect your well-thought out post and positions. I do want to ask, if someone states something that is factually true is that considered racist? I am quite sure folks could have a range of motivations for their statements, but if what they say is statistically true or verifiable, then is it subject to political correctness at all(which has ruined the nation as you point out)?

With white Christian males in the country being a MINORITY, I wonder if they are subject to the same lee-way as other demographics seem to be granted almost everywhere? Since White males are already a minority at 29% of the population, and white males are an even smaller minority across the globe if you look at total world population, we can definitely state that white CHRISTIAN males are an even smaller portion of the US population than 29%, perhaps below 20%???

I am not sure what all sparked this thread and I would run my forum the same way as you if I was in charge, but I wanted to point out the fact that the primary demographic here at OSA is already a minority both here and around the world. There should be no laws or rules against hurting someone's feelings in this nanny state of ours...as long as it is not threatening, bullying, or intimidation...my 2 cents and thanks for allowing me to exercise my 1st amendment rights here on my favorite Internet destination!

P.S.... I can see how hateful people spouting uneducated racism could hurt the reputation of OSA just like the false reports of racism at Tea Party rallies...it is the liberal media's wet dream such that they are known to infiltrate conservative rallies, forums, etc to post hate-speech to discredit genuine conservatives.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, is that what happened to Redneck1861? I really miss that guy. I appreciate you opening up the topic of racism again. I generally don't like those discussions because they are uncomfortable and a solution is not always clear or obvious. It should be a topic that can be discussed though.

I think the fact that this board consists of mostly white Christian males may also contribute to our 2A issues right now. It would help our cause to expose more of our population to the benefits of responsible gun ownership. How we go about doing that is beyond me.

DA 20

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JB, I have not partaken in any of the race discussion you speak of...I also respect your well-thought out post and positions. I do want to ask, if someone states something that is factually true is that considered racist? I am quite sure folks could have a range of motivations for their statements, but if what they say is statistically true or verifiable, then is it subject to political correctness at all(which has ruined the nation as you point out)?

With white Christian males in the country being a MINORITY, I wonder if they are subject to the same lee-way as other demographics seem to be granted almost everywhere? Since White males are already a minority at 29% of the population, and white males are an even smaller minority across the globe if you look at total world population, we can definitely state that white CHRISTIAN males are an even smaller portion of the US population than 29%, perhaps below 20%???

I am not sure what all sparked this thread and I would run my forum the same way as you if I was in charge, but I wanted to point out the fact that the primary demographic here at OSA is already a minority both here and around the world. There should be no laws or rules against hurting someone's feelings in this nanny state of ours...as long as it is not threatening, bullying, or intimidation...my 2 cents and thanks for allowing me to exercise my 1st amendment rights here on my favorite Internet destination!

P.S.... I can see how hateful people spouting uneducated racism could hurt the reputation of OSA just like the false reports of racism at Tea Party rallies...it is the liberal media's wet dream such that they are known to infiltrate conservative rallies, forums, etc to post hate-speech to discredit genuine conservatives.

Well said.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
The last 4 years and the next 4 years has proven racism doesn't exist as defined years ago. I am just waiting until the white Christian male affords the same rights as the defined minority does today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom