Tired of scam calls? Found a solution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago someone posted a recording of a spam call where the homeowner told the caller he was police working a murder at the home. He went on to tell the guy this his number was in the deceased's phone and he was glad he called.. He had the guy hooked and ask him if he was the dead guy's lover because he was gay. It went on and on and was pretty funny.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago someone posted a recording of a spam call where the homeowner told the caller he was police working a murder at the home. He went on to tell the guy this his number was in the deceased's phone and he was glad he called.. He had the guy hooked and ask him if he was the dead guy's lover because he was gay. It went on and on and was pretty funny.
Yep, Tom Mabe. He did several of these, but this is probably his most hilarious.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember one that was a salesman calling. The guy that answered was sounding real excited and desperate asking the caller if he had a product that took out blood stains from carpet and if he could come over really quick to help him. He said he'd pay the guy $1,000 to do that and bring about 6 or 7 small plastic trash bags and some plastic gloves. He said there is an extra grand in it if he helps him clean up all the blood and hauls the bags away.

Bob R

New to the site!
Reaction score
Ok, unless you are my wife (who loves to keep scammers on the phone using either her little kid's voice or her full blooded Japanese mom's voice), no one likes those scam calls. I tried everything from the Do Not Call list to pressing # for the remove option. Well, I finally found a way to stop them. Four weeks ago I was working on re-hanging an aerial line to a customer's house. I was hot, sweaty, and tired. Got my third warranty scam call that day. So I decided to have it ring through. The guy starts off with "Please verify your year, make and model of vehicle". I responded with "This is special agent Smith of the FBI, I'm going to stay on the phone long enough to trace your call". Guy hung up quick. This was on my work phone. Two days later I get the same type of call on my personal phone. Did the same thing, same result. I've not had a single scam call since! Thought I would share with ya'll.
With 128 million different robo scam calls a day in this country, your idea may work for one scammer, but it won't work for all. If you irritate them, they use your phone number as the call back number and you then get many more unnecessary calls. The phone companies now found a way to make more money by selling you a blocking system, but the numbers are still climbing. Bad times always create more scammers and we are sure heading for one now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom