Tornado Shelters- Flat Safe, Ground Zero or Taylors??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just my opinion....odds are that my home will never be struck by a tornado; but if it is:
odds are it wont be an F5
odds are my lid won't be compromised to the point I cant get out
odds are any fluids in my garage will not make their way into my hidey hole
odds are that if they do they won't be enough to harm me
odds are that we'll get scared, get in the hole and come out to a leaf littered yard when the noise stops
odds are I'll have to retrieve my trash can from the side of my neighbors house.
again.....................my opinion

Coz

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We chose to have a 5X7 above ground safe room installed in the shop building. After looking at a bunch of them, we got one from F5. It has heavier framing and the frame has slots for shelf hangers. I also use it as my radio shack.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just my opinion....odds are that my home will never be struck by a tornado; but if it is:
odds are that we'll get scared, get in the hole and come out to a leaf littered yard when the noise stops
odds are I'll have to retrieve my trash can from the side of my neighbors house.

Coz

You dont play Lotto, do you? :D

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Coz

Then again Donny, you are kind of "odd" LOL. David.......

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the lid is stuck from debris, what happens to the debris when you slide the lid out of the way?

From what I hear GroundZero fills with concrete on all 5 sides, which is good IMO. They've been in business a long time and have a good warranty.

I went with F5, since Tampabucs was a member here.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you feel insulted?:kiss:

Maybe it's because you expressed a gross generalization that EVERY tornado is an F5 and every tornado will blow the car out of the garage and that's a stupid argument.

If it is an F5 and the slab is swept clean then I won't need anything to keep the debris off the shelter entrance.
If it is an F3 and it only causes the roof and one of the walls to fall down on the garage the vehicle MIGHT, not will, MIGHT keep some debris off the shelter entrance.

It's a win/win either way; There is no downside.

Not really, but your lame attempts at it were humorous. Now go find something else to do besides critiquing everything I say.

This agument is done. It serves no purpose. Stay with personal experiences and facts please. Not personal attacks.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We used Flatsafe and it works fine.

In the end, get a shelter and use it. Underground in a cardboard box is better than the center hallway. Everything else is minutia.

Latest posts

Top Bottom